Ford Focus ST Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Might want to run on down to show muffler buddy what a weld looks like.
I am sending pics as we live and breath, my man ;)

Reactions: ddfred

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

Reactions: oldloudmouth

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

Reactions: oldloudmouth

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
That's my engine swapped ST^^ ^_^

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts
Reactions: NimbusST

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Nah, issa Pontia something, Trans Am I think? Either way, puts 1300 to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
7,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
@ddfred I KNOW, I'm just tryin to make sure no one thinks I ACTUALLY mean that this is my car...

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
So, it feels WAY better... but it still rattles a tad. It wasn't when I pulled outta the shop, so I'm wondering if it's just the hanger. Is the VW one a little softer? Quieter?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's too bad rebel devil customs isn't selling their DP mount anymore (I think). I had that installed and haven't heard a single squeak from my exhaust since. I never even cut back the DP mounts.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
It's too bad rebel devil customs isn't selling their DP mount anymore (I think). I had that installed and haven't heard a single squeak from my exhaust since. I never even cut back the DP mounts.
It’s available again! Stock is low though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Damn lol!

I ended up buying the Torque Solution DP hanger as well.. hopefully it doesn't rattle like OPs!
Only rattles on startup, the initial jerk. Make adjustments for the dp legs, and how they aren't snug in the bushings. RDC makes 'em snug.

Reactions: Cory

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only rattles on startup, the initial jerk. Make adjustments for the dp legs, and how they aren't snug in the bushings. RDC makes 'em snug.
Ah okay, that makes sense.

Any ideas on how to make them more snug? I was thinking a few layers of electrical tape or something like that, but I doubt it would last very long.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Ah okay, that makes sense.

Any ideas on how to make them more snug? I was thinking a few layers of electrical tape or something like that, but I doubt it would last very long.
It would last until you spooled the turbo once or twice.

I had my guy at 2 lanes customs shave the old mount points and weld on new legs that are bigger. Cost me $60. Mine aren't actually snug, I could have gone bigger. Go to the the haedware store and get some ground stock and match it to the bushings.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts