Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna see something real ugly?

Courtesy of The Muffler Shop in Piqua Ohio. Told him he could grind the legs down an inch if he wanted, and install this new downpipe hanger. So he proceeds to do this...

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wtf?

Reactions: NimbusST

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is that one of the SD euro dp mounts?

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
They are really nice, kinda like rebel devil customs but better

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it WAS very nice, now it's all melted from the welder.

The downpipe looks gross, gonna need new legs, or even a new pipe. Yay. The hanger is toasted, literally. Dude cussed me when I told him I wasn't happy with his work. I told him I've had this car apart and back together a few times now, and never did I need to hack weld it to get the downpipe back in... he didn't like that either.

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, it WAS very nice, now it's all melted from the welder.

The downpipe looks gross, gonna need new legs, or even a new pipe. Yay. The hanger is toasted, literally. Dude cussed me when I told him I wasn't happy with his work. I told him I've had this car apart and back together a few times now, and never did I need to hack weld it to get the downpipe back in... he didn't like that either.
leave a nice review so others dont get into this mess make sure you add your pictures of the job they did.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
leave a nice review so others dont get into this mess make sure you add your pictures of the job they did.
Way ahead of you. I'm gonna let everyone know. I'm also definitely coming for him, even if I end up paying out of pocket in expenses somehow, I am gonna make him pay me money.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,144 Posts
So is / was the DP stainless and the hangers look to be mild steel. Are the hangers touching anything?

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dp is stainless, and the hangers were not touching but were a little long so I told him he could take up to an inch off the length. He hacked them off and welded them back on WHILE INSIDE the new bracket, destroying the bushings.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,144 Posts
I saw the destroyed bushings. I just didn't know if the installer reused the cut off hangers or welded mild to stainless. It sucks that this happened.

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
The dp is stainless, and the hangers were not touching but were a little long so I told him he could take up to an inch off the length. He hacked them off and welded them back on WHILE INSIDE the new bracket, destroying the bushings.
I've seen welding before and that's not what it looks like. Who ever did that should never be allowed to "weld" again!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What i dont understand is wtf was this clearly genuis capacity welder doing?
I mean really though at what point did he say yep hmm umm this is how i need to do this. Honestly looking at this without knowing the situation, I would think this was a person that didnt know how to weld and was just d1ckin around being stupid, cutting and melting ****...if i didnt know what had really happened that would be my first thought. And if this dude asked you to pay for this, Ha....Haha......mhahahahahahaha i would have laughed walking out.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He got an attitude with me about it when I asked him if it was going well, so I walked out and was just about to tell him I want to just take my car, and then he was done.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
1,144 Posts
That's a hell of a lot of melt / heat damage for a tack weld.

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
So you were at the exhaust shop for what exactly?

Just trying to get my head around what happened and why...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It looks like someone that never used a welder before

Reactions: NimbusST and ddfred

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a new hanger bracket, to fix rattle, and wanted someone with a lift to install it.

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
I got a new hanger bracket, to fix rattle, and wanted someone with a lift to install it.
So, instead of taking a bit off with a grinder, he proceeds to mount everything up, cut the legs off at the pipe and then weld that mess together?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts