·
Registered
938 Posts
Darkness Art Sculpture History Fiction

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
It’s dropped off! On Sunday I’ll have it!

He recommended an injector service, he takes your injectors out replaces them with a serviced set from speed 63 and then sends yours off as a core. $240 I’m gonna go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,609 Posts
It’s dropped off! On Sunday I’ll have it!

He recommended an injector service, he takes your injectors out replaces them with a serviced set from speed 63 and then sends yours off as a core. $240 I’m gonna go for it.

Sounds slow

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
270 Posts
<iframe src="Race Turtles GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>
Don't worry I'm getting there!

• Haha
Reactions: gemery and TurboGT

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
It’s all in! There were a few hiccups along the way according to my mechanic. Somehow the coolant reservoir cap seized in the tank, he broke it trying to get it out.

Thankfully orileys had the tank and the cap available same day and I was able to run that over to him.

Honestly I’m gonna blame him for that lol I had removed that cap the weekend before by hand and re attached it by hand, I have no idea why it would have snapped.

The other hiccup was ATP didn’t include one of my crush washers, however he was able to reuse one from the stock turbo.

I’ll have more pics tomorrow but it’s all installed , and that includes the special elbow. It all fits nicely.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You should get the matching Boomba coolant cap to match the washer fluid one, then return that thing to O'Reilly's :p

Glad it's all in and fitment was as expected!

I bet you're super anxious =D

Reactions: k1rby37

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
579 Posts
You should get the matching Boomba coolant cap to match the washer fluid one, then return that thing to O'Reilly's :p

The boomba Coolant cap is not a full replacement cap, just a covering; still needs OE cap. Note this isn't the case for all of their caps.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The boomba Coolant cap is not a full replacement cap, just a covering; still needs OE cap. Note this isn't the case for all of their caps.
Good info man. Thanks for helping me avoid an incomplete purchase! Actually had 2 of the windshield washer fluid caps just disintegrate due to the elements. The stock caps suck in that respect, so I was jelly of the Boomba cap :p Definitely need the center locking piece with some sort of over-tightening 'click' function with the coolant cap. (y)

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #859 ·

I’m really excited to get behind the wheel, he’s idled it and say it’s all working as expected so far.

Funny enough someone was selling a mishimoto coolant tank for $50 about a month ago, but I didn’t grab it because I didn’t like that you can’t see into it. It would have made this less of a hassle.

I guess not much less because I would have needed to buy the cap anyway.

Oh well no need to worry now lol.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
YES YES YES. Im so happy the elbow worked well.

Can't wait to see results. Maybe make a video showcasing spool time?

Reactions: junits15
841 - 860 of 898 Posts