Ford Focus ST Forum banner

661 - 680 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
ah sorry didn't mean to be confusing, mustang throttle body, this is the 2.3L throttle body swap
All good, I'm sure it's common to mix up acronyms at all levels of conversation according to my last few years on this planet :p

Better breathability with that I assume? Space for adding gauges? What's the advantage?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
All good, I'm sure it's common to mix up acronyms at all levels of conversation according to my last few years on this planet :p

Better breathability with that I assume? Space for adding gauges? What's the advantage?
Just better flow, people claimed better torque delivery, but honestly it feels very similar to before in my opinion.

I probably wouldn’t do it again after driving it for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
537 Posts
Is this this an IWG setup? Where's the wg flange?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
Cool. He said he made a jig, so he can make more. I may get mine rolling out soon.
Yeah I had asked if he needed to keep my cast elbow and he told me about the jig, that’s good news if other people want one of these, looks nicely made from the photo.

Should be sweet

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
Cool. He said he made a jig, so he can make more. I may get mine rolling out soon.
Duece did you end up sending in the same flange as I did? It was out of stock last I saw, wasn’t sure if you found another one

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Duece did you end up sending in the same flange as I did? It was out of stock last I saw, wasn’t sure if you found another one
No, his response was poor, and didnt actually respond properly to what I was asking. I will contact him again.

·
Registered
451 Posts
This is starting to look like a Engineers build now!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
Steeda jacking rails finally in. Really nice upgrade, I can finally get the car on 4 stands without doing weird maneuvers. Which will be very helpful for the turbo install.

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Steeda jacking rails finally in. Really nice upgrade, I can finally get the car on 4 stands without doing weird maneuvers. Which will be very helpful for the turbo install.

Yea they are nice but I gotta take mine out, sand off the rust and paint. I painted the ones for my FFS before putting them on.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
Yea they are nice but I gotta take mine out, sand off the rust and paint. I painted the ones for my FFS before putting them on.
I am just going to do what every other New Englander does and accept the reality that there will always be rust and i cannot stop it unless i don't drive it in the winter.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 · (Edited)

First ever walnut blast done, all in preparation for the BT. I paid a local guy to do it for me, I had done this once before with the GDI cleaner spray and brushes but it was a very messy process, he only wanted $200 so I just paid the money.

Drives as smooth as silk now, I love the feeing of freshly cleaned valves.

661 - 680 of 766 Posts