Ford Focus ST Forum banner

641 - 660 of 766 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
Small update:

Did the focus electric light swap, looks awesome, I really like the LEDs. Sorry about the terrible photos, my phone wasn’t able to get a good shot, I’ll see if I can get a better one tomorrow at dusk.

Took all of 10 minutes to do, even got it completed in the dark

Still waiting on the turbo elbow and the charge pipes from CPE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
NE RST Kancamagus cruise spring 2021

I don’t even know how many cars showed up, ended up getting told by a local sheriff that we should have got a permit for the event because we had so many people lol.

Incredible drive, nice easy cruise up and lots of really hard and aggressive driving on the way home.

Needless to say my LSD suspension and breaks were getting put to good use by the end of the trip.

Lots of really cool cars, my favorite by far was a fully built and cammed RS

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·

RS, I’ve met this guy once before, he’s got a fully built and cammed motor, a precision turbo, and freektuned, he said his fuel system is at its limit and he made 450 wheel on the dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Finally heard back from the header shop, looking like it’s gonna be built up next week and I should have it the week after.

I’m thinking about having a port added for an EGT probe, even if I just plug it and never use it I think it would be a good feature.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Finally heard back from the header shop, looking like it’s gonna be built up next week and I should have it the week after.

I’m thinking about having a port added for an EGT probe, even if I just plug it and never use it I think it would be a good feature.

I would not want a probe port. Would mess up the flow we are trying to correct, lol

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #646 ·
I would not want a probe port. Would mess up the flow we are trying to correct, lol
I suppose it could, the main contributors are the bad head matching and the EWG port. It was more just something I was thinking about, because I likely won’t get another chance for that.

I probably won’t do it but it would be cool, could also be cool to have a port to measure real time back pressure.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
I suppose it could, the main contributors are the bad head matching and the EWG port. It was more just something I was thinking about, because I likely won’t get another chance for that.

I probably won’t do it but it would be cool, could also be cool to have a port to measure real time back pressure.
If you want an egt spot, get it in the downpipe.

The main contributor is the atp ewg expansion setup. Splitting the flow and having it it direct up into a cap and then down . It's not great. The port sizing, meh, at least the gas is coming straight out, not into the wall of what is essentially a "T" fitting.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
If you want an egt spot, get it in the downpipe.

The main contributor is the atp ewg expansion setup. Splitting the flow and having it it direct up into a cap and then down . It's not great. The port sizing, meh, at least the gas is coming straight out, not into the wall of what is essentially a "T" fitting.
That's actually a really good idea I hadn't even thought of doing it in the DP.

And yeah that's the main thing I was looking to have removed, I have no intention of doing an EWG any time soon, and If I do I wouldn't do a dump pipe, it would likely be entirely custom, the capped stub is going to do some weird stuff to the flow.

I am really curious to see how this elbow changes the performance, if I am correct the improved port match should lower the pressure inside the runners of the head, and the removed EWG port should spool the turbo faster. It should be all around better, the question is if I will notice it lol.

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
That's actually a really good idea I hadn't even thought of doing it in the DP.

And yeah that's the main thing I was looking to have removed, I have no intention of doing an EWG any time soon, and If I do I wouldn't do a dump pipe, it would likely be entirely custom, the capped stub is going to do some weird stuff to the flow.

I am really curious to see how this elbow changes the performance, if I am correct the improved port match should lower the pressure inside the runners of the head, and the removed EWG port should spool the turbo faster. It should be all around better, the question is if I will notice it lol.
Well, im going to run one as well. So I'll have pre, and post data logs at the 450, 480 whp flow rates.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
Sometimes I think I’m just like asleep standing up lmao.

I detailed my car and sprayed some cleaner into center cubby, apparently a whole bunch got down into the USB port and killed it. I should have pulled the battery while doing this stuff.

I thought it was just a port on a wire like the front port but apparently it’s a whole damn module for some reason. It corroded and even after cleaning with deoxit it wouldn’t come back.

That’s $50 for a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
"Scrap if dropped" ?!?
I think its direction to the operators at the factory. Rather than risk the part being DOA from being dropped during assembly, they just throw it out. The cost of the part is far less than the cost of a tarnished reputation from a customer getting a car delivered that has issues.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Was that a short on test point 83(Z/7?)? If not, I can't tell what died... Did you let it fully dry off/ clean with rubbing alcohol, and try again?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
Here’s the cleaned photo

I cleaned the whole thing with deoxit to remove corrosion and then PC board cleaner to remove anything else, fully dried it out and still nothing.

Could have blown a component while shorted, or could have destroyed a trace, not worth trying to fix something like this.

If it was a one of a kind import I would be replacing components, but the part is available so I’ll buy it

·
Administrator
11,920 Posts
Here’s the cleaned photo

I cleaned the whole thing with deoxit to remove corrosion and then PC board cleaner to remove anything else, fully dried it out and still nothing.

Could have blown a component while shorted, or could have destroyed a trace, not worth trying to fix something like this.

If it was a one of a kind import I would be replacing components, but the part is available so I’ll buy it

You always seem to get into weird problems, lmfao!!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
You always seem to get into weird problems, lmfao!!
Yeah lol but this ones just totally my fault and could have easily been avoided.

I just assumed it was just a plug on a wire, I would have been more careful otherwise lol. I got a lot of cleaner in it but I was like “it’s just a plug it should dry out”

Live and learn

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, good luck getting the schematic for that circuit board :p

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it back in. I know how cool Sync + charging function can be ;)

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
Mountune PCV place and mustang TB installed

Also replaced the hoses to my PCV catch can as they had become surprisingly hard over the past year, not sure what that’s about.

The TB did well on the monster tune, power delivery is still smooth but improved, seems to be a little more punchy around 3k RPM. I like it.

The pigtail I had wouldn’t stay connected to the original harness, seems to be a flaw in the male connector on the pigtail. I wrapped it in some self bonding silicone tape, that should resist the heat of the motor and not come apart. I’ll likely be ordering the dammond pigtail to replace this eBay one.

You can also ignore the downpipe in the shot, I didn’t get the time to put that back in today, however I did install two new O2 sensors on it, I figure that I should replace those before I go BT, there didn’t seem to be any issues with them but I want to make sure everything is perfect.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Did you say Mustang Full-Turbo-Back?? (minus the DP as you posted).

641 - 660 of 766 Posts