Ford Focus ST Forum banner

581 - 600 of 612 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
This is very exciting. Are you ever going to go EWG?

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
This is very exciting. Are you ever going to go EWG?
I think eventually I will, but not until this isn’t my daily.

I like having the option to go ewg with this turbo kit.

And yes this is really exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #584

Some bits and pieces to aid in the install.

I plan to get the charge pipe, PCV baffle plate, and CCV catch can installed, as well as give the car another intake valve cleaning before even beginning to think about the BT install.

The plugs have less than 5k miles on them so I’ll check them for gap but I plan to keep using them.

I also should probably run a compression test just to be sure. Though I don’t have any reason to believe there’s an issue on that front.

Also snagged a PCV valve and hose to replace my stock part. Been noting some bogging after filling with gas and I want to just replace it to ensure things don’t get damaged.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
In addition once the turbo is in and run for a while I’ll be flushing out the orange coolant.

Do turbos have a break in period? I’ve not heard anyone mention it but I wasn’t sure if I needed to change the oil after so many miles of use.

·
Super Moderator
8,929 Posts
In addition once the turbo is in and run for a while I’ll be flushing out the orange coolant.

Do turbos have a break in period? I’ve not heard anyone mention it but I wasn’t sure if I needed to change the oil after so many miles of use.

500 miles or so.

Reactions: junits15

·
Administrator
11,296 Posts

·
2,745 Posts
LMFAO!!!!

My thoughts too. I saw the a/r and actually let out a sigh of dissapointment. My cat came to comfort me, thats the level I was on, animals could pick it up at distance.
What does every 1000hp supra have in common?

A 14 second quarter Mile time slip.

Lag is annoying

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Administrator
11,296 Posts
What does every 1000hp supra have in common?

A 14 second quarter Mile time slip.

Lag is annoying
Geez, hope you wore PPE when you cleared the dust off that one, lol

Its a 2867, theres not much lag, traction is the bigger concern in the fwd application. Plus once he builds a 2.3, he'll have more exhaust gas for a faster spool. Then the larger a/r will really shine with the increased top end.

I want to see a twin Disco Potato build. Now that'd be interesting. Relocate the battery to the trunk for more room.

Lmao

·
Super Moderator
8,929 Posts

·
Administrator
11,296 Posts
Get busy!
Lmao, wouldnt meet my goals. Maybe run a sequential setup with the disco feeding a 30 series.

I don't have the time/resources to go that custom. Current ots offerings satisfy 98 percent of anybody's dreams

·
Super Moderator
8,929 Posts
Lmao, wouldnt meet my goals. Maybe run a sequential setup with the disco feeding a 30 series.

I don't have the time/resources to go that custom. Current ots offerings satisfy 98 percent of anybody's dreams
But what about their fantasies?

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
377 Posts
LMFAO!!!!

My thoughts too. I saw the a/r and actually let out a sigh of dissapointment. My cat came to comfort me, thats the level I was on, animals could pick it up at distance.
Hey now, I was just having fun. I would have chose the .64 also.

·
2,745 Posts
Geez, hope you wore PPE when you cleared the dust off that one, lol

Its a 2867, theres not much lag, traction is the bigger concern in the fwd application. Plus once he builds a 2.3, he'll have more exhaust gas for a faster spool. Then the larger a/r will really shine with the increased top end.

I want to see a twin Disco Potato build. Now that'd be interesting. Relocate the battery to the trunk for more room.

Lmao
Nah, the swiffer i used traps most the dust.

Everyone is concerned about buying a turbo for future engine builds. Why? You should buy a properly sized turbo for stock engine, then when you build the engine, buy a properly sized turbo for the airflow requirements of that build. Sell the old turbo to help recoup costs.

I never quite understood this. I can get the notion of picking, say, a 2867 over a 2860 because you plan to add aux fuel next year, but were talking massive differences in requirements here with stock versus built engines.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #597 (Edited)
Lol god damn

I went with the smaller a/r because I didn’t want too much lag. I have so much fun ripping around and I didn’t want to loose it. One day I’ll have another daily and I’ll be able to mod this thing with reckless abandon, but right now I don’t want to.

Besides, I have to be realistic, I’m having fun modding the ST but I want to move onto other cars in the future. I don’t plan on having the ST as my main project car in the next 5 years, I want something older and more dangerous.

I don’t like holding my breath every time I get an emissions check, I want something 15 years old to be emissions exempt, there’s an e39 sitting my parents driveway rotting away, it’s begging for a rebuild a supercharger and a transmission swap.

That’s my plan right now, and the smaller turbo supports that plan best, things may change, and if they do I’ll get another turbo :)

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
The only thing I wish I had done was get an EFR turbo, but I absolutely hate the fact that they need a special downpipe. It would have forced me to go catless and I just wasn’t about to do that.

·
Administrator
11,296 Posts
Nah, the swiffer i used traps most the dust.

Everyone is concerned about buying a turbo for future engine builds. Why? You should buy a properly sized turbo for stock engine, then when you build the engine, buy a properly sized turbo for the airflow requirements of that build. Sell the old turbo to help recoup costs.

I never quite understood this. I can get the notion of picking, say, a 2867 over a 2860 because you plan to add aux fuel next year, but were talking massive differences in requirements here with stock versus built engines.
Its like 300 rpm difference with the bigger a/r. Not exactly ground shattering.

With aux and Ethanol, can get that bad boy into motor pop turf, but on E that thing is going to be a handful with low end torque.

Apparently your forget whose thread this is, with his luck, he'll be building a motor sooner than later.

Reactions: TurboGT
581 - 600 of 612 Posts