Ford Focus ST Forum banner

561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
And no codes? I have to pass emissions in VT.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #563 (Edited)

Did some spring cleaning today and swapped out my winter tires.

Vacuumed, and summer floor mats back in.

I’ve missed these pilot supercars, they hook up so well even with all the torque this thing makes. However they’re so bald and hydroplane like a *****. So next week they’re getting swapped for some brand new pilot sport 4S’s

And clearly I wasn’t done playing with BOV, I had a hunch that I could change the sound of the unit by using the QR base. And you absolutely can! Much more of a high pitched sound, which is exactly what I was looking for. Sounds great!

Got another oil analysis done too, the amzoil seemed to have faired better than the mobil 1 but not by a huge margin, though to be fair I ran it for 6k instead of the 5k I ran the mobil 1. They were able to detect all the torco I ran interestingly enough that shows up as lead on the report though I definitely used the unleaded version.

Lots more moly in the amzoil, which is good to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts

Did some spring cleaning today and swapped out my winter tires.

Vacuumed, and summer floor mats back in.

I’ve missed these pilot supercars, they hook up so well even with all the torque this thing makes. However they’re so bald and hydroplane like a *. So next week they’re getting swapped for some brand new pilot sport 4S’s

And clearly I wasn’t done playing with BOV, I had a hunch that I could change the sound of the unit by using the QR base. And you absolutely can! Much more of a high pitched sound, which is exactly what I was looking for. Sounds great!

Got another oil analysis done too, the amzoil seemed to have faired better than the mobil 1 but not by a huge margin, though to be fair I ran it for 6k instead of the 5k I ran the mobil 1. They were able to detect all the torco I ran interestingly enough that shows up as lead on the report though I definitely used the unleaded version.

Lots more moly in the amzoil, which is good to see.

6k miles?
I usually change my oil at 6k KM's
I dont know why i just can't change my habits from old dino oil.....well I am going 1k extra.
I jave been using Mobil 1 with amsoil filter.
A fellow at work was telling me i should be running amsoil and going longer intervals. I'm just not sure.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
6k miles?
I usually change my oil at 6k KM's
I dont know why i just can't change my habits from old dino oil.....well I am going 1k extra.
I jave been using Mobil 1 with amsoil filter.
A fellow at work was telling me i should be running amsoil and going longer intervals. I'm just not sure.
Using mobil 1, a FL400s filter and changing it when the car says to is a fine plan of attack. Assuming you don't drive like Brian Earl spilner, that is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Yeah 6k miles, the numbers look good to be honest. I’ll probably stick with 6k intervals.

I don’t think the amzoil is worth it, it’s like $60 per change in just oil. Plus they’re basically a pyramid scheme and I’m not really a huge fan of that kind of business.

If the liquimoly I’m using now does well I’m going to stay with that, it’s only $40 for 6L which is the same as mobil 1.

I’d love to try the penzoil ultra platinum but I can’t find it anywhere near me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Need some sound clips!

Reactions: junits15

·
2,745 Posts
110% doge approved.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, run the same tire, hook city!

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
More things to support BT

Unfortunately this woosh IC is gonna have to go, the temp rise on a stock turbo tune is 10F, about a 60% change for the worse from the mountune unit. That was getting me a 4F rise.

Only gonna get worse with a big turbo

I don’t want to go through the effort of tuning on a BT only to loose power with a bad IC

·
Administrator
11,296 Posts
More things to support BT

Unfortunately this woosh IC is gonna have to go, the temp rise on a stock turbo tune is 10F, about a 60% change for the worse from the mountune unit. That was getting me a 4F rise.

Only gonna get worse with a big turbo

I don’t want to go through the effort of tuning on a BT only to loose power with a bad IC

I'd be interested in BT results. The K03 is a hairdryer.

Did your mountune have the air guides?

Reactions: ddfred

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
I'd be interested in BT results. The K03 is a hairdryer.

Did your mountune have the air guides?
Nope, no air guides in the mountune.

People told me that wasn’t gonna be a good unit but to be honest it did well. Just didn’t really like that it was practically invisible lol.

Maybe it’s worth trying, worst case is I need to retune, which would suck. But if it works out it would be nice to not have to spend more $$ on a new IC.

I’m considering doing a 2860 though, if I go that route the IC could become an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
They’re stock sized so that’s 235 35 r19

I could have gone wider but I never had issues with this size so I stuck with it
I have the same tire and size on my car. I love them. I definitely need something a tad wider but that’s ok. I have no traction issues in 4th gear. Spin 3rd a bit though lol

561 - 580 of 612 Posts