Ford Focus ST Forum banner

The DM Passenger Side Engine Mount test thread. BETA TESTERS WANTED

8K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  FoCuSTar27 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so we have been working on developing mounts for the Focus ST. We've gained immense knowledge and experience with engine mounts on the Mazdaspeed3 platform, and we want to bring that to the ST.

On the Mazdaspeed platform we've been able to let our mounts speak for themselves, as we've gotten great positive feedback from testers and customers. However we are also looking to measure dB levels, vibrations of the cabin before and after our mounts, and engine movement before and after, along with tester's thoughts/reviews/opinions.

Here’s just some for the reviews of our MS3 PMM: https://damondmotorsports.com/colle...tor-mount-mazdaspeed3#shopify-product-reviews
And a video of a tester installing our transmission mount, then PMM:

At the moment, we've prototyped a passenger side engine mount for the FoST, and we're looking for a few beta testers. Our beta tester program allows testers to purchase a prototype product at a fraction of the cost of the final production piece (we generally do this as a refund after testing). In return we ask for honest feedback on the product, including reviews, comparisons to other mounts, dB and vibration testing (if possible), and abuse tests (hard driving, launching, track abuse: drag strip, autoX, and road course). We also have a 100% refund policy, were if you don't like the mount, we'll pay to have it sent back and refund you all you paid. And if you wish to change out components when the production mount is available, we'll get you them at discount.

What we're looking for in beta testers:
You can provide feedback, reviews, and testing.
You have experience with running other manufacture's mounts, and can give detailed comparisons.
You currently have a high HP/built ST that sees a decent amount of hard driving or abuse, or you daily a stock to modified ST.
You have a good and honest reputation in the ST community.
Not necessary, but... If you're local to Chicago, or run our products on your current ride, that's always a big plus!

If you're interested in beta testing, please fill out one of the attached documents (word or PDF) and send it over to matt@damondmotorsports.com

With the Damond Motorsports motor mounts we aim to make a mount that is over-engineered to exceed any power goal, while still maintaining daily drivability of a slight NVH increase. Meaning it'll take whatever power you throw at it, while not driving you crazy with extreme amounts of added vibes and noise.

One last thing, here's our PMM prototype...

Attachments

See less See more
1 4
#3 ·
What kind of increase in performance do you expect to get from this? I know the RMM reduces wheel hop, does this simply further reduce that or is there another added perk as well, such as throttle response etc?

#7 ·
I noticed a big reduction in torque steer as well.

#10 ·
@Damond Motorsports I will fill out the form and email you as soon as I am off shift. You have my full attention on this.

#14 ·
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand submitted ^.^

#15 ·
I would love to test this.

#17 ·
App Submitted.

#19 ·
Just shot some emails tonight to some applicants. I've been super busy the past few days, so I haven't had much time to dedicate to this. However, I will have the test mounts ready to ship tomorrow, and I want to get them out ASAP!

I'll be looking to contact people tomorrow more fully, and to get these out to testers!

We just had Erik's ST, built by DHM, run the record 1/4 mile pass with our prototype PMM, and we're excited to get more feedback from more testers as well.

Thanks so far to everyone who's taken the time to fill our our app and send it over!

#20 ·
:big smile: waiting for my mount and catch can to come in feel like a little kid waiting for Santa to come. And thanks to Matt for setting me up with some gold stickers to fashion.

#21 ·
Application Submitted! Hopefully i made it in time

#25 ·
Reactions: Ohaider
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.