Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1782 Posts

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,741 ·
What year Espirt? Anything newer than 1990 is still commanding a pretty good price. Anything older is kind of blah!
Esprit V8, they were only 96-02, but **** 96. 35-40k-ish.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,745 ·
Well, funny you mention DMC and Espirit...by all accounts and per here

...when the stars align for forum posts like this 😂😂
Thankfully the Esprit 3.5tt is a 500 hp package, detuned to 350 for the sake of the transmission. So not slow like the DeLorean, lmao.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Thankfully the Esprit 3.5tt is a 500 hp package, detuned to 350 for the sake of the transmission. So not slow like the DeLorean, lmao.
I just watched the first two Back to the Future's a couple days ago too, I was telling my mother in law that the car was slow, would need a bit more road to hit that 88mph... The ones you are looking at will be far more fun than the old time machine. (y) (just dont quit on the ST please!)

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,747 ·
I just watched the first two Back to the Future's a couple days ago too, I was telling my mother in law that the car was slow, would need a bit more road to hit that 88mph... The ones you are looking at will be far more fun than the old time machine. (y) (just dont quit on the ST please!)
I keep looking at the pile of performance parts I have NIB, and thinking "Yeah, thats 25 percent down on a much cooler platform..."

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I keep looking at the pile of performance parts I have NIB, and thinking "Yeah, thats 25 percent down on a much cooler platform..."
Do it! Hope you have better luck than me though. Oversteer and breaking lose shifting into 3rd to a V8 soundtrack is glorious.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,749 ·
Do it! Hope you have better luck than me though. Oversteer and breaking lose shifting into 3rd to a V8 soundtrack is glorious.

As in your Carvana experience? Sucked to hear man.

Yeah, twin spoolie boys on a V8 on a track type chassis is going to be fun.

Ugh, it's dependant on the housing market, my purchase is. I need it to crash so we can buy, but if it holds firm for another year somehow, I'll squeeze in a new car, lmao.

Decisions.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
As in your Carvana experience? Sucked to hear man.

Yeah, twin spoolie boys on a V8 on a track type chassis is going to be fun.

Ugh, it's dependant on the housing market, my purchase is. I need it to crash so we can buy, but if it holds firm for another year somehow, I'll squeeze in a new car, lmao.

Decisions.
Carvana was a disappointment for sure. I didn't understand really what a boss 302 was and now I'm obsessed. Don't even care about GT500's no more. Carvana is a good company though and I would recommend them to anyone.

I don't really see the housing market going south anyone time soon man. I mean my property taxes just keep going up lol. But all that is politically driven and I'll leave it at that.

I'm super jealous of the lotus. That has been one of my favorites since Gran turismo 2 lol. The transmission in those really is unfortunate but the sound of small(er) displacement V8's is very special.

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,751 ·
Carvana was a disappointment for sure. I didn't understand really what a boss 302 was and now I'm obsessed. Don't even care about GT500's no more. Carvana is a good company though and I would recommend them to anyone.

I don't really see the housing market going south anyone time soon man. I mean my property taxes just keep going up lol. But all that is politically driven and I'll leave it at that.

I'm super jealous of the lotus. That has been one of my favorites since Gran turismo 2 lol. The transmission in those really is unfortunate but the sound of small(er) displacement V8's is very special.

It cant stay this inflated forever. Stuff by my me is going 33 percent over it's value 2 years ago, and then going to contract 25-75k over asking with 2 days on the market. Thats not sustainable for more than a couple years, its been 1 already. Sellers market for sure. I'm not paying 550k for a 400k home. Just not something we want to do. So we will continue to rent, until the market gets reasonable/the foreclosures start popping up from all these people over their heads in debt.

Well, we'll see if I can pull it off. Do want a house to store the lotus/Rossion though, lmfao.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
It cant stay this inflated forever. Stuff by my me is going 33 percent over it's value 2 years ago, and then going to contract 25-75k over asking with 2 days on the market. Thats not sustainable for more than a couple years, its been 1 already. Sellers market for sure. I'm not paying 550k for a 400k home. Just not something we want to do. So we will continue to rent, until the market gets reasonable/the foreclosures start popping up from all these people over their heads in debt.

Well, we'll see if I can pull it off. Do want a house to store the lotus/Rossion though, lmfao.
i think the market is going to stay hot for a little while longer.. I'm, hoping by fall/winter the supply catches up. I'm in that sector and the demand is still much stronger than the supply. Like you said it cant stay and we are bracing for the servicing side to start increasing (although ill be curious if it hits the 400K plus range of homes as much as the under 350k range.)

We have been casually looking over the past year, anything that meets our requirements has been going into contract super fast and goes for more than asking. The Columbus market is out of control at the present. Our house now has a zillow estimate that's 100% the value of what we paid in '13. While thats nice, everything else we are looking for is the same.

My biggest complaint about the home shopping process, no one ever includes the garage pictures lol. I need at least 2 car and really want more room than your standard 24' square. Be lucky for a picture that actually shows the exterior of the garage, let alone inside.

Keep looking yourself though, spring/summer is usually when you see the most houses come up on market

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My biggest complaint about the home shopping process, no one ever includes the garage pictures lol. I need at least 2 car and really want more room than your standard 24' square. Be lucky for a picture that actually shows the exterior of the garage, let alone inside.
Friend of mine became a realtor 15 years ago and created his own niche in the Portland market by seeking "homes for cars" and people who want "homes for cars".

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts

Lumber prices are ridiculous right now; I bought some 2x4's and plywood a few weeks ago. 2x4's that were $2.49 two years ago are $7.00 now; 3/8 plywood sheathing that was $9.00 two years ago is now $25.00. Until lumber prices come down new home construction will remain expensive. As long as new home prices remain high so will the prices of existing homes. Demand is high, construction cost are high and price/value of my house has doubled in the past two years. o_O

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
686 Posts
Well, decided to get out of .45 acp, sold the rest of my ammo, and am in the process of ditching my last .45acp handgun.

So thats trans money right there. This process may be happening sooner than projected. Which is nice. Lmao.

I guess I should just bit the bullet and get the bearings/synchros for the new trans. Not sure how im going to shim it for the diff. The Mountune quaife install has no shimming, they just slap it in the trans. I may just be a dick, and go this route. I shimmed the last trans, and ditched all the shims like a fool. Sourching the shims is a PITA at times.

Decisions.

Also looking at buying another car. Got this weird desire to own an exotic. That's cards I'm not putting down on the table yet. Plans are to keep the focus still. Motor build is still up in the air, lmfao. I could sell all the parts and use that money down on a more refined sports car, lol
When I was installing Mfactory diff, the installer called up Mfactory, they confirmed the LSD did not need shimming.
and yes good luck sourcing the shims... some sizes can be $40 :cry:

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,756 ·
When I was installing Mfactory diff, the installer called up Mfactory, they confirmed the LSD did not need shimming.
and yes good luck sourcing the shims... some sizes can be $40 :cry:
I'm aware of Mfactory's position on it. We have a diff shimming procedure, but I forget where or why we have it. Maybe it was just for the oem diffs. I'm going to double check my resources.

Yeah, im just going to slap it together. Shimming sucks. Lol

*Ivan Drago voice- "If it blows, it blows."

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,757 ·

Just looks like the bellhousing side cracked, Internals may be ok, lol. I figured if it was more catastrophic it would have wrecked both sides of the casings.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dude! That's a nice crack! ...No, don't go there, lol.

Some serious distrubution going on. Looks like it was torqued clockwise to create that, but all those solid stiffeners are really keeping it tight under there. The CPe mounts look like they did 'too good' of a job.

·
3,082 Posts
Case swap time!

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,760 ·
Case swap time!
Lmao, you mean full rebuild in another trans, all parts on hand, all bases covered in case my trans has nothing salvageable. I don't really roll the dice with this ****. I know better.

1741 - 1760 of 1782 Posts