Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,521
Duece, did you get oversized valves? Also what spring lbs did you go with?
No standard valves, going oversized valves would have raised the build cost too much. I also dont think i really need them for this build. The next one i will, but thats going to be a different monster all together.

I forget what lbs. They're dual springs with titanium keepers, Esslinger racing iirc.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Well, I guess it's time for me to get the last few items, and start building this motor.

I think I have just about every OEM part I need, all the gaskets, bearings, studs, pistons, etc.

Head is machined, valve job, pocket ported.

Just need to get the block honed, cleaned, etc. Rotating assembly balanced, and timing gear keyed. Then I can start assembly.

Really need to clean out the garage. I'm going to do that as the block gets machined. Probably start calling around friday or something.

We are just about on the same pace then for being fully built lol. You better take videos and lots of pictures. Did you have the exhaust runners ported or at least the exhaust port ported as well?

·
Super Moderator
8,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,523
We are just about on the same pace then for being fully built lol. You better take videos and lots of pictures. Did you have the exhaust runners ported or at least the exhaust port ported as well?
My machinist didnt want to take much out of it. He does a lot of high hp twin scrolls, and the water jacket is kinda close in those areas. If you read about most builds, it doesnt take much to hit 600whp.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
My machinist didnt want to take much out of it. He does a lot of high hp twin scrolls, and the water jacket is kinda close in those areas. If you read about most builds, it doesnt take much to hit 600whp.
I was talking to Mitch from CPE and he was against any porting of the Hedifold. So I was just going to have mine polish it up and take a little out of the single exhaust port. The intake side is game though. Also the valve areas are all ugly and definitely will be cleaned up in my build. I found a shop that works on custom heads and they said they could cut the hedifold off and transform it into a regular looking head with a separate manifold. Way to much money though.

1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts