Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1481 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts

For some reason i was compelled to read through ALL 73 pages the past 5 days.

Adam, you should be paid for your aftermarket part research and development on this platform. I've never seen so many setups installed, run, removed, changed, run, removed, and changed again. It's definitely for the better good of our community! Glad to hear the car is back on it's feet finally.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,462
View attachment 375314

For some reason i was compelled to read through ALL 73 pages the past 5 days.

Adam, you should be paid for your aftermarket part research and development on this platform. I've never seen so many setups installed, run, removed, changed, run, removed, and changed again. It's definitely for the better good of our community! Glad to hear the car is back on it's feet finally.
Thanks for taking the time. Hidden in all the BS is some decent info, and terrible pics, lol

Next up is going to be a single port aquamist setup. I want to get that all sorted before I get my blockwork done, and actually attempt to build the motor. I don't like introducing too many variables at once. That tends to be a recipe for aggravation.

Once the 2.3 is built, in, and running, I will be switching to a 5 port meth setup. So my purchase and time now, will allow me to just add nozzles later. Like usual, I tend to have a plan about things, and try really hard not to mod myself into a corner. I guess at some point I will hit a ceiling though, lol

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would like to recommend what I have for the WMI lol. It’s the AEM progressive kit. Hasn’t let me down yet and I’ve had it for a year. Are you going with a trunk setup or using the windshield washer fluid tank?

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,464
I would like to recommend what I have for the WMI lol. It’s the AEM progressive kit. Hasn’t let me down yet and I’ve had it for a year. Are you going with a trunk setup or using the windshield washer fluid tank?
Im going Aquamist HS4. Going trunk. Have A 2.5 gallon race tank on the way. I'm going to be spraying a ****ton of meth with the motor swap, the windshield washer isn't going to cut it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Im going Aquamist HS4. Going trunk. Have A 2.5 gallon race tank on the way. I'm going to be spraying a ****ton of meth with the motor swap, the windshield washer isn't going to cut it.
Well they do make a 10 gallon meth tank lol. And same. There is a company that makes a sweet stainless 4 port + 1 wmi kit and it comes with a tapped intake and everything I think. It’s a great price for what it is.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,466
Well they do make a 10 gallon meth tank lol. And same. There is a company that makes a sweet stainless 4 port + 1 wmi kit and it comes with a tapped intake and everything I think. It’s a great price for what it is.
Yeah I have seen them, the SS kits. I'm going to run poly and I have multiport bungs in my Aux fuel. They are in a **** location. If I can't run them, then I am going to tap the manifold.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,467
Welll, I bought some parts. I'm probably going to really take advantage of black Friday this year. Theres like 5k in parts on my list, so if I can score on any of them, I think I will.

A key part is arriving today, and Oakos is shipping me some more. I may actually buy more from them, lol. So much to do. My plan is to get into the mid 400whp realm and dyno her. There's a lot to be done though.

Without spoiling too much, here's what needs to happen.

W/mi up and running
New rims/tires
Ditch Koni/swift setup for coilovers
Install super secret other parts
Getting pretty close to needing more range on my MAP sensor, so maybe swap that.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Welll, I bought some parts. I'm probably going to really take advantage of black Friday this year. Theres like 5k in parts on my list, so if I can score on any of them, I think I will.

A key part is arriving today, and Oakos is shipping me some more. I may actually buy more from them, lol. So much to do. My plan is to get into the mid 400whp realm and dyno her. There's a lot to be done though.

Without spoiling too much, here's what needs to happen.

W/mi up and running
New rims/tires
Ditch Koni/swift setup for coilovers
Install super secret other parts
Getting pretty close to needing more range on my MAP sensor, so maybe swap that.
Go with the GA V3 from Stratifeld. That’s what I’ve used to boost my MAP sensor and it was super easy. Also what tires are you looking at getting? I’m looking at the newest Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S. It’s the next generation of that beast of a summer tire

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,469
Go with the GA V3 from Stratifeld. That’s what I’ve used to boost my MAP sensor and it was super easy. Also what tires are you looking at getting? I’m looking at the newest Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S. It’s the next generation of that beast of a summer tire
No, **** the GA. I'd rather failsafe the WGA then just vent with a bov and smoke the turbo.

Yeah, I already ran MPSS, so naturally Im going with the 4s. Lots of people are running them and liking it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
No, **** the GA. I'd rather failsafe the WGA then just vent with a bov and smoke the turbo.

Yeah, I already ran MPSS, so naturally Im going with the 4s. Lots of people are running them and liking it.
I've been looking at them myself a tad expensive but hopefully worth it

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,474
what are you going to be watching with those? Also I forget but do you have endlinks?
Replacing the factory gauges.

I do keep an updated parts list in my first post...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Replacing the factory gauges.

I do keep an updated parts list in my first post...
I forgot all about that lol. And that’s sweet. What pump are you going with on the water meth setup?

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,476
I forgot all about that lol. And that’s sweet. What pump are you going with on the water meth setup?
You seem to ask the same question a lot.

I'm going to run an Aquamist setup.

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,477
@EdgeAutosport.com black friday sale is live!

Now my bank account is in jeopardy. Lol

I keep forgeting stuff. I need a prosport oil filter sandwhich plate. Gauge pods and hoods are on the way. @OAKOS Automotive are helping me out with all this gauge stuff. Really nice to work with.

·
Vendor
2,448 Posts
@EdgeAutosport.com black friday sale is live!

Now my bank account is in jeopardy. Lol

I keep forgeting stuff. I need a prosport oil filter sandwhich plate. Gauge pods and hoods are on the way. @OAKOS Automotive are helping me out with all this gauge stuff. Really nice to work with.
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kat
OAKOS Automotive

·
Super Moderator
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,479
20191202_140842.jpg
20191202_140850.jpg
20191202_140839.jpg

Prosport pods and hoods. Looks like they just friction fit together. Not really thrilled about friction keeping the gauge in the pod. I thought buying everything from prosport would get me premium capatability. I guess not, lmao.

Just need the sandwich plate now. I could have saved a ton on shipping if i planned this out right. I suck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think your BSD and solid mounts will have something to say about the friction fit pods.

1461 - 1480 of 1481 Posts