Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1466 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
How are you liking your CPE intake? I’m finally upgrading to a 3in exhaust lol 😂

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ok, did a couple real nice pulls this morn.

Just as a reminder, i am currently in the tuning process, recovering from my wastegate failure issues. So i need clean logs for revisions.

I get a perfect third gear pull to 7k onto the highway. +4 across the boards, no negs, about 25.38 psi, and 38.92 lbs/min. Car was not fully warmed up, coolant was, and oil gauge just started to move. 10 min later, i do a few more pulls...

It's pulling -1 to-1.5 on cylinder one high rpm full boost. I think i have a thermal expansion false knock issue still. Im goung to move coil packs, swap plugs, then rotate the turbo a smidge more. Then I should be golden, or at least know more, lol.
Are you holding that boosts all the way to 7K? That's going to be a fun ride.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,423
How are you liking your CPE intake? I’m finally upgrading to a 3in exhaust lol 😂
I like how cheap I got it. It's pretty nice, but the ease and care free removal of the oem will be missed.

Are you holding that boosts all the way to 7K? That's going to be a fun ride.
Pretty much, its a 750hp turbo, detuned right now for obvious reasons. If I ever sit down to finish my motor build, i'll have a 8k redline and more displacement to spool her. Throw some wmi in there and she will be reallllllly fun.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,424
Ok, decided to try and do some car stuff today. I'm super lazy right now though, lmao.

Sound deadening
New fog LEDs
Tire rotation
New plugs

This is the list. Hopefully I cannget it sorted.

Oh and I bought more engine parts. I may wait until they arrive to discuss them.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,425

Well, it did quiet things down in the cab at idle for sure, I normally drive with the windows down, so it's hard to tell how big of a difference cruising with the windows up.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,426

Replaced my VLED Vx3 gen 2 fogs with Micro evolutions in 6k color. The pic has the new lamp in the driver's side. Really hard to tell in the pic, but in real life it was instantly noticeable. Much brighter.

You can see corrossion on the old LED, those things got beat the **** up. My car is a paint shaker, and I don't drive it lightly, lol. I was honestly surprised they lasted this many years. The new one are much smaller, and if they last the same, then good to go!

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,427
Tried aiming my headlights, and the passenger is low with no more vertical adjustment. I'm thinking I'm going to shim it out with some kydex, or maybe be a regular human being and use washers, lmao

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Tried aiming my headlights, and the passenger is low with no more vertical adjustment. I'm thinking I'm going to shim it out with some kydex, or maybe be a regular human being and use washers, lmao
Have you ever needed to adjust the headlights in or out? If so how is this performed, as I just see the up/down adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,429
Have you ever needed to adjust the headlights in or out? If so how is this performed, as I just see the up/down adjustment.
Well, the mounting point at the center of the car is ovaled, so you can adjust with a little slide action. It's not much, but thats all we have. Lmao

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,430
Well, I tried to pull logs tonight. Couldn't get any clean ones. I'm pulling down -.5 on cylinders one and three towards redline. As in, I'm straight out of the positives and in the negs. It's false knock.

So my plan is to disconnect the DP from the exhaust, then loosen the v-band for the headifold adapter to the turbo, and pry my cold side away from the block a smidge more, then lock her down.

I was pulling more timing before, so I think it's just a matter of a bit more clearance.

Also on the to do list, the new plugs, swapping coil packs around, and checking the CPE intake for hits.

False knock hunts, are the worst hunts. Car was running excellent before the wastegate failure. now it's still in tuning and has too much false knock to pull any kind of decent logs. I'm down 50 hp right now, and it's very noticeable. Hopefully I can get this sorted out swiftly. I'd rather not pull the traction bar if I don't have to. I messed up my elbow some, and the idea of torquing the LCA bolts down makes me cringe. So this is going to be tough, but I think it's doable.

I really need to sit down and upload some pics. Not tonight though. Tomorrow I will post up some v-dyno, for teh lulz

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,431
Well, my hpfp is an over achiever. Just have to sort whether the p300 is just at startup. These are just soft codes, no cel. It's not much of a concern for me. If I'm lucky, maybe tonight I can get some solid wrenching in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Well, my hpfp is an over achiever. Just have to sort whether the p300 is just at startup. These are just soft codes, no cel. It's not much of a concern for me. If I'm lucky, maybe tonight I can get some solid wrenching in.
To high! :oops:😂 well that is a new one.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,433
To high! :oops:😂 well that is a new one.
Lol, yeah it happens with some ST's. Usually means the lpfp is flowing strong enough to get the hpfp to really shoot up that fuel rail pressure. I've had it before. All of my electrical ground touch ups and the like, probably help this situation.

Yeah, high is fine, low is problems. Lol

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,435
I to would rather be high then low ... but yes no engine likes to be starved of fuel.

Oh do tell more.... or is in the past 72 pages :|
I run the standard two extra grounds, and whenver I run into a frame ground I clean it up. Given the percentage of my car that has been disassembled, I have cleaned up quite a few grounds over the years.

At least the standard stuff is in the 72 pages, lol, not sure on the oddball ones.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,436
Well, indeed my coldside was hitting the block again. I disconnected the exhaust, loosened the headifold adapter v band, and was able to get about 3/16" of clearance. I cut up a silicon coupler, beveled one edge, and wedged it in that area the best I could. Then really cranked that V-band clamp, finally I connected the exhaust back to the DP.

Did my first spark plug change with the CP-e intake. I had to pull the airbox, but the tube itself was easy enough to keep out of harms way. Running those rubidium or whatever, NGK, which come gapped way tighter than the one step iridiums. So thats a win. Everyone hated moving the ground strap from .044 to .026. Now its more .032 to .026". Which is simpler and less of a weird ground strap angle. Also swapped around my coil packs.

I finally adjusted my shift cables since the trans re-installation. My first and second required a diagonal off the reverse lockout, instead of just a forward/backwards. In fact, all the gears were a bit off. Just felt weird. Now everything is right as rain. Which is awesome. Lol

Installed a dress up washer kit gifted to me from @JayneCobb . Tried to adjust my headlights more too. Didnt really inspect the aiming results, seems better, but i need to verify against my garage door, lol.

Rotated my tires.

I will probably edit in the pics later, on mobile now, was too busy to take care of it last night.

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,437
Reset the ecu learning, checked codes first. Had none.

Went out and pulled more logs. Seems that I shifted the knock more into cylinder one, lmfao.

Going to run her a bit more, then If its still ****, I only have a few more tricks.

Going to disconnect the exhaust, and loosen the DP vband, adust the DP angle, and remove the coupling piece behind the turbo.

If that doesnt work. Then I'm buying a new DP and exhaust. Going TB for the DP, and AWE for the exhaust. Putting my Agency power up for sale. Speaking of sales, i have my set of 18x 8.5 et+33 gramlights to sell, and my old 17"winter set to ditch.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Lol, yeah it happens with some ST's. Usually means the lpfp is flowing strong enough to get the hpfp to really shoot up that fuel rail pressure. I've had it before. All of my electrical ground touch ups and the like, probably help this situation.

Yeah, high is fine, low is problems. Lol
Ive gotten this one a couple of times too... last time was after the car sat for a couple days. Which my vdynos on my last couple of revisions before starting on aux fuel were both over 360, so maybe some truth to it

·
Super Moderator
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,439
20190924_063803.jpg

This was my commute in. Quite a few pulls. It's disgusting. Making just a bit more than a stage 3 ST, gross.

I really need to crawl under there again and check **** out.

My only real variables since running amazing are as follows.

Turbo assembly alignment.

Tial internal WGA

CP-e Intake.

So, the coldside of the turbo was hitting the block for sure.

The Tial and heatshield appears to clear just fine.

The CP-e is dangerously close to my TB strut tower. I need to really inspect that area. The severity of the corrections points right at cylinder 1 area. Which makes the intake and turbo prime suspects.

This false knock is really killing my fun. I should be making around 400whp like I used to. Not this 310/320 whp BS.

I also bought another purge valve. Going to swap her out again for ****s and giggles. A friend of mine just had his replacement fail. So why not? Lol

1421 - 1440 of 1466 Posts