Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
First of all, nice job with the build, it looks great!

Couple questions:

1. did you do the front sway install yourself? I have been putting off my front sway install as I've read that it's pretty laborious
2. how much of a difference did it make when you switched to the weighted shift knob? I currently have the same Cobb knob that you had but that Raceseng knob you switched to looks great

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Couple questions:

1. did you do the front sway install yourself? I have been putting off my front sway install as I've read that it's pretty laborious
I just recently installed bars, thought I could give you my .02. Not trying to rain on the thread.

Took my buddy and I about an hour to install. it really isn't that bad. COMPLETELY ignore the install videos that tell you to remove the steering rack, we didn't and it would have been a complete waste to do it. I could have done the install myself.

We put on Whiteline bars front and rear and it made a HUGE difference. basically everything they claim it does, it does. I was very impressed on how well the car launches from a stop, from a roll, and how much more stable the car is all around, straight line, cornering etc. very noticeable stability change.

I went into the build thinking it was going to be much worse than it was, when it was over, I was like that is it, we are done?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
First of all, nice job with the build, it looks great!

Couple questions:

2. how much of a difference did it make when you switched to the weighted shift knob? I currently have the same Cobb knob that you had but that Raceseng knob you switched to looks great
Thanks!

1. I did not install the sway bars myself, but thanks to Nick for his first hand experience (why I love this forum). I agree that it has noticeably livened up the driving feel. I switched lanes quickly and back to get around a slower car the other day and she was PLANTED. As Nick mentioned, everything is improved by them.

2. Weighted shift knob has been wonderful. The weight makes it easier to put into gear with the short throw plate I have on (Cobb). Thinking about switching to JBR's shift arm and lever in the future for an even shorter throw.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
20000.jpg

Put 1,000 miles on my car over the course of a week off. Crossed a milestone along the way.

Carillon.jpg

Sabbath Day Point.jpg

I took a history-centric drive around Lake George. Super fun roads, wonderful views, tons of cool stuff from the past. So many smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Is that a house?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That's Larz Anderson Auto Museum (the building is the old carriage house on their property). Larz and Isabel Anderson were early auto enthusiasts (she was the first woman to have her drivers license in Massachusetts). There's some cool stuff inside.

·
Registered
971 Posts
That's Larz Anderson Auto Museum (the building is the old carriage house on their property). Larz and Isabel Anderson were early auto enthusiasts (she was the first woman to have her drivers license in Massachusetts). There's some cool stuff inside.
That's pretty awesome

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
2017 Shadow Black ST3 purchased in July 2017 with 26 miles. Using the customary build template...

She's named after a combination of the ship in Alien Resurrection to which the protagonists are trying to return throughout the movie, and Shred Bettys (what we called lady snowboarders back in the day). I even named my android phone Annalee; I was very impressionable in 1997.

This forum has been invaluable to the direction of my build. I took the advice of veteran members to consider what I wanted this car to be (in my case, a killer daily) before I started down any particular path. I think I'm accomplishing what I set out to achieve.

Engine/Transmission:
Boomba blow off valve (red)
Boomba aluminum shifter base bushings
Boomba aluminum transmission cable bracket bushings
Boomba engine bay accessories
Cobb Accessport V3; Stratified tuned
Cobb short shift plate - 30% reduction
Cobb rear motor mount
Depo 3.5" intercooler
Green filter
JBR PCV oil catch can (red)
JBR ported symposer delete
Mobil 1
NGK 6510 spark plugs
NTC shift cable end bushing
Scorpion catback exhaust w/ Cobb hangers
Steeda Clutch Spring
Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel (green flare)

Interior:
Boosted Designs dead pedal
Ford all weather floor mats (rear)
Kagu 3D Maxpider floor mats (front)
JBR throttle pedal spacer
Raceseng slammer shift knob (translucent red)

Exterior:
JDMFV reverse light tints
JDMFV rear reflector tints
JDMFV yellow fog light overlays
obligatory hatch window stickers
2" stubby antenna

Wheels:
Summer: Enkei NT03+M 18X9.5 et40 w/ Michelin PS4S: 245/35/18
Winter: Sparco Terra 17x7.5 et45 w/ General Altimax Arctic 12: 215/50/17
Muteki SR48 lug nuts & locks (neo-chrome)

Suspension:
BC BR extreme drop coilovers
Whiteline sway bars (front & rear)
Whiteline end links (front and rear)

Like several others have suggested, I guess brakes next?
How do you like the sway bars? Mine just came in yesterday, can’t wait to install

21 - 40 of 40 Posts