Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Shadow Black ST3 purchased in July 2017 with 26 miles. Using the customary build template...

She's named after a combination of the ship in Alien Resurrection to which the protagonists are trying to return throughout the movie, and Shred Bettys (what we called lady snowboarders back in the day). I even named my android phone Annalee; I was very impressionable in 1997.

This forum has been invaluable to the direction of my build. I took the advice of veteran members to consider what I wanted this car to be (in my case, a killer daily) before I started down any particular path. I think I'm accomplishing what I set out to achieve.

Engine/Transmission:
Boomba blow off valve (red)
Boomba aluminum shifter base bushings
Boomba aluminum transmission cable bracket bushings
Boomba engine bay accessories
Cobb Accessport V3; Stratified tuned
Cobb short shift plate - 30% reduction
Cobb rear motor mount
Depo 3.5" intercooler
Green filter
JBR PCV oil catch can (red)
JBR ported symposer delete
Mobil 1
NGK 6510 spark plugs
NTC shift cable end bushing
Scorpion catback exhaust w/ Cobb hangers
Steeda Clutch Spring
Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel (green flare)

Interior:
Boosted Designs dead pedal
Ford all weather floor mats (rear)
Kagu 3D Maxpider floor mats (front)
JBR throttle pedal spacer
Raceseng slammer shift knob (translucent red)

Exterior:
JDMFV reverse light tints
JDMFV rear reflector tints
JDMFV yellow fog light overlays
obligatory hatch window stickers
2" stubby antenna

Wheels:
Summer: Enkei NT03+M 18X9.5 et40 w/ Michelin PS4S: 245/35/18
Winter: Sparco Terra 17x7.5 et45 w/ General Altimax Arctic 12: 215/50/17
Muteki SR48 lug nuts & locks (neo-chrome)

Suspension:
BC BR extreme drop coilovers
Whiteline sway bars (front & rear)
Whiteline end links (front and rear)

Like several others have suggested, I guess brakes next?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
4. Cobb Knob.jpg

Aug. 2017: Went with a Cobb knob first. I later learned of the benefits of a weighted shift knob.

4.5. Tinteds & stickers.jpg

Sept. 2017: +5 hp each, right? Windows tinted 35% all around

5. Filter, SSD, Boomba decor.jpg

5.1. hood latch.jpg

Oct. 2017: Green filter, Boomba accessories have been added over time.

6. Exhaust.jpg

6.1. Exhaust Close-up.jpg

Oct. 2017: Scorpion catback installed.

8. AP & Mount.jpg

Dec. 2017: Accessport running OTS stage 1 tune from Cobb (meh)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2018 is when I really got the hang of this mod thing and found my direction.

9. BOV.jpg

Feb. 2018: Boomba blow off valve for that psssshhhhh!

10. RMM, SS plate, bushings, weighted knob, clutch spring.jpg

Apr. 2018: Raceseng weighted (575g) shift knob, Cobb short shift plate 30%, Boomba base & bracket bushings, NTC cable end bushing for that notchy & preceise shifter feel. Also Cobb rear motor mount and TSW Bathurst 18x8 et 40 wheels.

11. Wheels.jpg

Rhode Island trips

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
17. vacuum.jpg

Dec. 2018: Thanks to a wonderfully detailed write up on this forum, I hooked up my BOV to the symposer delete vacuum source.

17.1. snow.jpg

Mar. 2019: It only snowed once this season (appreciably). Still glad I got proper snow tires.

19. OCC.jpg

Mar. 2019: OCC installed.

20.1. Friends.jpg

Apr. 2019: I'm not a very good wrench. Depo FMIC, Velossa Tech snorkel, Enkei NT03+M, Pilot PS4S, Stratified tune (finally). I got to check out her undercarriage while she was on the lift, Giggidy. I'm happy with the job I've done keeping her clean underneath over two New England winters.

21.1. Fitment.jpg

22. Stance.jpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
No issues with rubbing at all with the 18x9.5 Wheels with a 40 offset? No wheel spacers needed? I've been looking at Wheels. certain Wheels only come with certain offsets so I was curious how wide I could actually go with what offset.I do plan on getting coilovers at some point in the future but don't really plan on dropping at much maybe a little.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No issues with rubbing at all with the 18x9.5 Wheels with a 40 offset? No wheel spacers needed? I've been looking at Wheels. certain Wheels only come with certain offsets so I was curious how wide I could actually go with what offset.I do plan on getting coilovers at some point in the future but don't really plan on dropping at much maybe a little.
I have no issues rubbing. I wanted some poke so I was originally looking at the Gram Lights in 18x8.5 et33. Could only find them in the 38 offset, which is more flush. Decided to throw subtlety to the wind and got these. Love em.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sweet man! I recently started a build thread too, as I'm starting to "get into" this car more and more.

Next is brakes, coilovers, suspension, etc...for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also from the Boston/South Shore area and looking to get into my build. I'd love to check out what you've done and maybe pick your brain a bit before I get started.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm also from the Boston/South Shore area and looking to get into my build. I'd love to check out what you've done and maybe pick your brain a bit before I get started.
Sure thing. Shoot me a PM and we'll work something out. Shift linkage upgrades are always a great place to start. Aluminum base and bracket bushings, solid cable end bushing, weighted knob, short throw plate/arm.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I removed the lower grille. I still need to touch up the areas where I sawed off the clips. Just open to rocks and road debris for the time being. Would like to add some screening sooner rather than later to protect the intercooler.

Lower Grille delete.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts