Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after almost two years of owning my ST, I think I can say that the gas pedal spacer mod by active shift designs is my best purchase yet!

Ford should have gave us these kind of setup from the factory!!

Active Shift Designs LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have that exact one. I like it very much!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just ordered the Garageline one on [Black] Friday.
I like them because they're adjustable laterally!
But these look very slick and i like the color options!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
I was driving a regular Focus for a day last week and the stock pedal placement was maddening. I have the Garageline spacer and it really is an underrated modification. There is no reason Ford should have given us that awful placement from the factory.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You talked me into it. Just ordered!

Reactions: Kdub085

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like a few others in here, I have the Garageline spacer. Can't imagine ever going back to stock.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I haven't been a big fan of the stock placement since I got an ST, but does this change the feel or pressure etc.... on the pedal?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't been a big fan of the stock placement since I got an ST, but does this change the feel or pressure etc.... on the pedal?
Everything about the feel of the pedal stays the same, the spacer just extends it out about 1" so it's more in-line with your clutch and brake pedal.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
F it, I'm grabbing one. Got a lot of stuff to install this winter. I can't wait for spring already to test it all out!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Finally after almost two years of owning my ST, I think I can say that the gas pedal spacer mod by active shift designs is my best purchase yet!

My spacer was definitely one of my favorite purchases. Either that or the short throw kit. I will say it was pretty awkward to install though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
how difficult is the install?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It took me a few days to get used to the spacer but now I think it's easily one of the best mods for these cars. Not only is it more comfortable, it makes it much easier to heel-toe.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It took me a few days to get used to the spacer but now I think it's easily one of the best mods for these cars. Not only is it more comfortable, it makes it much easier to heel-toe.
So I wasn't the only one revving like mad by accident afterwards? lol

Reactions: kai

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Heck, I switch to boots and I rev like mad. If I got this I would be redlining lol.
I have to wear certain shoes to fit the skinny pedals and I can't wear anything more than a button up shirt or I don't fit the seats. Love the car but what I have to wear determines if I take the car or truck ha

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
I have to wear certain shoes to fit the skinny pedals and I can't wear anything more than a button up shirt or I don't fit the seats. Love the car but what I have to wear determines if I take the car or truck ha
Hahaha that's great. I'm thankful for my 6' narrow frame at times. Love the seats, haven't had that issue with the pedals though. Size 11 athletic shoe fits well..my work wider dress shoes bumped the gas once when I hit the brake..glad I wasn't behind anyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts