Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

Registered
When you're installing an LSD is there any measurements are tolerances that you have to check? Or is it basically just put new bearings on the LSD and drop it in? That's pretty much what I saw in the video.

Registered
Well I ordered an MFactory diff, the install kit and a pile of shims etc, decided to install it myself with a friend over a weekend. Hoping to do it the first weekend of April. Still gathering the needed speciality tools etc to do the job, should be fun, looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Keep us looped in on your experience and lessons learned!!

I鈥檓 looking forward to hearing about your experience - from tool gathering and research to how much better it makes the car drive.

Registered
After reading through Ocysp鈥檚 post and watching his videos he really did do most of the hard work for us :). His parts list is current and pretty darn accurate. I bought an engine support bar yesterday, not interested in attempting it with a 2x4. I have an extra low floor jack I am going to try to modify with some plywood to become a transmission jack, will see how that goes. My local partsource loans out bearing race install tools, so I鈥檒l just borrow that from them. Since I鈥檒l have the diff and bearings well ahead of time I鈥檒l have the bearings installed before even starting the job, so it will be just the races and seals to deal with on install day. Still need to source a torque wrench one step smaller than mine, but have lots of time to find that. Starting to feel a bit gitty to do this job, going to be fun, although likely frustrating at times. Will post updates for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts