Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1122 Posts

·
Vendor
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Depo Racing Intercoolers are on some of the Fastest Evo X and Genesis Turbo’s made. Now I have made a beast of an intercooler for the Ford Focus ST.

- 28” x 8.25” x 5.5” Bar and Plate Core
- Rolled pipe ends
- Aluminum Bar and plate Construction
- Air splitter design in endtanks

- Mounting Hardware Included
- Pressure checked at 45 psi
- 200% more flow space then stock
- 2.5″ inlet / 2.5″ outlet
- 800whp+

“MY 3.5″INTERCOOLER is on the fastest pump gas EVO X in the WORLD ” member Darksun280 evoxforums.com [email protected] Darksun280, same core

New Product More pics coming

- See more at: Ford Focus ST Intercooler upgrade | Depo Racing

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
That is massive! Looking at the pictures and web site I can't see how it is mounted...I see something in the last pic, but not the mounting points.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Very nice looking FMIC. Always nice to have more options.

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
Reactions: beaST2.0

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
I chatted briefly with OP shortly after they became a vendor on the forum. From my understanding the core is developed and manufactured completely by Depo Racing and is not using a core from a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
0_0 .. that is a boat of a FMIC... now i want to see some data logging on the charge temps, and i want to know how this thing is mounted (OEM locations, or is drilling and such required).

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I may be wrong... But didn't you guys make a downpipe for our cars that didn't fit? This was a few months back when people found them.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
This FMIC looks like a nice ass piece though. Especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
What scissor-lift is that underneath the car please?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Let the ic wars begin. Nice looking cooler.

If I'm tappin I'm probably lifting.

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
At that size I'm wondering what the pressure drop across the core is. Low temps are fantastic, but not if they result in too much drop in pressure; it may negate benfits from charge temps if loss is too much.

Reactions: duster360

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
With that much cross flow surface area, i'd be more concerned with temperature drop ie not enough of it. Probably not an issue and no one has facilities or $$ to really do proper comparative test.

Road air as I will call it has to travel 5.5 inches through the thing with no external force other than action of car pushing against it. I'm of the opinion of taller and less thick (not 5.5"!!) is better.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
was wondering the same ddfred. I think after a certain point there is such a thing as "over doing" it for a FMIC. For a car that runs 250hp, 350 if well tuned... im not sure an 800hp rated unit is necessarily a good idea haha.

I will gladly be a test dummy if they sent me one for half price haha.

Reactions: milliemix86

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is no phone number listed on their website. I was considering buying one and just heading over there to pick one up.

Please PM me.

update

lol.. saw the number on the forum.. goes directly to VM though..

1 - 20 of 1122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.