Ford Focus ST Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
OH---I thought the restrictor was on the Tee fitting on the trans. Is there one on each end? Or does the trans side one need to go back on?
Thanks for the heads up @Blackula @TurboGT

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Thanks @TurboGT Does the one on the trans side need to go back on?

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
The one on the firewall looks like it doesn't have a spring clip on the other end--it looks like there is a push tab to release it (left side). Does that sound right?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior

I printed a pic from @UnfocusedST's install for a reference while I was doing the install, and his still has that restrictor.
Also, I just looked at Steeda's install instructions, and it says to route the clutch line over the shifter cable, but I think I ran mine under it--is that a big deal?
Thanks @TurboGT

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
The one on the firewall looks like it doesn't have a spring clip on the other end--it looks like there is a push tab to release it (left side). Does that sound right?
View attachment 403906
I printed a pic from @UnfocusedST's install for a reference while I was doing the install, and his still has that restrictor.
Also, I just looked at Steeda's install instructions, and it says to route the clutch line over the shifter cable, but I think I ran mine under it--is that a big deal?
Thanks @TurboGT
The restrictor is on the other side of the line at the transmission.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
View attachment 403906
Thanks @TurboGT
Found the pics I took in my thread, I left the trans-side plastic doohickey on but saw later others removed. Firewall side had this paperclip-style retainer:

BlackeST: slow-cooked for flavor

I tucked the clutch line in front / under the trans bracket.

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
Found the pics I took in my thread, I left the trans-side plastic doohickey on but saw later others removed. Firewall side had this paperclip-style retainer:

BlackeST: slow-cooked for flavor
I'll take another look. Trans is coming out in a couple weekends.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Got it--the little F***er.
Automotive tire Gas Wood Automotive wheel system Engineering

I stuck my phone back in there and just started taking pictures until I could see the clip.
Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I also swapped out the 8-year old Black and Grey Rally Armor URs for a fresh set of Black and Blues. Then I tossed on the metallic black mirror caps. I'm undecided on these. I thought with the black base and the smoked LED sequential turns signals that the black might kind of disappear, but I'm not sure if I like it or not; might swap back to the PBs. That was why I bought a second set and painted them rather than painting the originals.
Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Tire Car Hood

81 - 92 of 92 Posts