Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1121 - 1127 of 1127 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
46 psi? That's a lot. I run 36 on my winters, which already is higher than what I do on my summer tires..
Yeah it seems too high for me as well. Their regular pressure is higher as well:

(also the US sticker is dumbed down, only lists one pressure as they know Americans wouldnt be bothered to adjust pressure based on load lol)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last year I got a set of Michelin CrossClimates, 215/55-17, mounted on Tire Rack's steel rims. After one nasty Michigan winter, I can say they were the right tire for my situation. I drive too many miles to use full snows (too much wear), and a lot of times I have dry pavement. They are not as good as Blizzaks in the snow and ice, but they are significantly better than normal all-seasons. On dry pavement I sometimes forget I'm on my winter tires.

Where they really impress is in the rain. I can go through puddles without feeling any effect. No pulling the car to the side, no pull in the steering. I've never experienced anything like it. The directional tread really pumps the water out.

One issue that I feared might happen is not too bad. They are about 1 inch taller than stock, and I dropped the car about an inch by using Mountune's Clubsport package. Occasionally when I go through a dip I will hear a little rubbing against a front fender. But it's very rare, and the extra 1/2 inch ground clearance I get in Winter is worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Hey all,
Sorry to bump a thread that's been dead for 7 months but I had a question on a set of used winter tires.
I found a set of used Bridgestone Blizzak tires for sale locally to me.
They are 2015 tires but have no visible dry rot, and still you can still feel those little nubby things that are on the new tires.
We sometimes get quite a bit of snow here in central VA. But last winter we didn't get any.
Any thoughts on a good buy or not?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Being 5 years old and practically no wear, it's hard to see anything wrong if they're in the right size range. I had a set on a Miata once and outdid Jeeps in snow up to about 5" deep. Any deeper and I was surfing.

Reactions: Skykri

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Resized952020062995124256951760.jpg
Resized952020062995123617957350.jpg
Resized952020062995123333958793.jpg

1121 - 1127 of 1127 Posts