Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great to know how long you've been running yours! Been tuned since 25,000 miles in February. And I now have over 48k and full bolt ons, compression is great and still pulls hard!

Reactions: LOLMS3

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I do have a small update for everyone... i replaced my battery about two weeks ago.. I still had the original, and i think my battery has been leaking for months... everywhere under the tray was covered in acid.. the transmission, brake booster, shift arm, etc etc. Took some nice cold water, washed off the majority of it, but my brake lines are still covered. So those will need replacing.

I do have transmission side bushings in now, and its helped a ton. With my aging transmission, i forgot what crisp shifts felt like.

Car now has 111,528 miles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awsome to know! Got a 2016 OW ST1 that should be delivered in 5 weeks and there is no way i will be able to keep my hands off of it and keep it stock until the warranty is up. Plan on doing full bolt ons and after the factory warranty is up upgrading the turbo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dang! Racking up some serious miles! I'm a little over 76k miles at the moment and the car has been awesome. I actually just wrote a long-term review on it and it was shared on Jalopnik's main page!

Focus ST: 75k Mile Owner Review

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just did my front rotors and pads. Stock

All of my brake lines upgrade to stainless steel

Brake flush and changed to Wilwood brake fluid

Transmission fluid change. Stayed with stock fluid

Tech noticed my Driver Side CV boot was torn, and glued at some point. Grease was everywhere. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it. Within the next month or so, i will be either changing the boot, or swapping both sides out. Depends on price of course.

Rear wiper arm has been changed as well because some tech decided to brake it while swapping blades. He was doing it as a favor as i was carrying my stuff in to the office, and he offered to do it for me. I regret it.

I also had to replace all my wheels lug nuts. I bought these: McGard 64012, McGard Acorn/Conical Seat Lug Nuts and Lug Nut Kits | McGard

McGard said these are OEM replacements. My car has been on the lift since Monday, all because of lug nuts. I will attach pictures in the next post.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I clocked 50k miles recently - good to know its still holding up strong!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Cars been up like this since Monday :disappointed:

SS Lines

New Rotor installed

Lug Nut (Everything seems ok)

Lug Nut (holy crap what the hell happened)

Had to take an air hammer to get this damn thing out

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Your door-jam arm things that are cracked. Mine have all done the same thing - did that happen before your warranty expired and if so, did they cover it?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Wow. What side of the lug nut is that?

Send from another galaxy.
The side that you see when its on the wheel. Its the cover of the actual nut. I had at least 4 like this.

Your door-jam arm things that are cracked. Mine have all done the same thing - did that happen before your warranty expired and if so, did they cover it?
Happened after i was out of warranty, which was basically the first year of ownership. I never took it to the dealer, because it hasn't caused an issue. I think its just a cover..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just a small update.

I have an issue with my spark plugs not wanting to come out. I have a thread about it in the maintenance section: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-maintenance/47466-stuck-spark-plugs.html

This is a pretty serious issue, because when it comes time to remove them... i'm probably going to have to remove the head which im not looking forward to..

In happier news, I have purchased a boost gauge that will add to the rice factor. Very excited. Knowing my luck, ill run into some weird a$$ problem during installation :(

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Just a small update.

I have an issue with my spark plugs not wanting to come out. I have a thread about it in the maintenance section: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-maintenance/47466-stuck-spark-plugs.html

This is a pretty serious issue, because when it comes time to remove them... i'm probably going to have to remove the head which im not looking forward to..

In happier news, I have purchased a boost gauge that will add to the rice factor. Very excited. Knowing my luck, ill run into some weird a$$ problem during installation :(
To really rice out, mount it on your hood, facing your competition

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awsome to know! Got a 2016 OW ST1 that should be delivered in 5 weeks and there is no way i will be able to keep my hands off of it and keep it stock until the warranty is up. Plan on doing full bolt ons and after the factory warranty is up upgrading the turbo.
Why wait for warranty to expire?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well considering my 15 has had a big turbo and tune since less than 1300 miles which is when I picked it up this thread has made me feel good. So I don't drive the car that much but it is my only car and dd. Lol km guessing my hpfp might be the first to go if it's still the same model pump. I'm not dogging the clutch but that could go first too if keep putting e30 in.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts