Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the mountune piece. Definitely helped with wheel hop and the 1-2 bang. The vibration isn't too noticeable with the A.C. off, however I live in Arizona so it is almost on all year long. It's rather annoying, but what can you do.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Be cautious when people say "almost no additional vibes," and "...after it breaks in." These things are clearly personal and may not relate to you in the same way. I had a Boomba RMM and initially I loved it, but it was annoying when others were riding with me and having to explain the NVH. I eventually swapped half the eFocus mount back in and It's all good. The real game changer in regards to wheel hop and shift bang is changing to all-season tires.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the mountune piece. Definitely helped with wheel hop and the 1-2 bang. The vibration isn't too noticeable with the A.C. off, however I live in Arizona so it is almost on all year long. It's rather annoying, but what can you do.
I hardly ever drive with the A/C on unless I'm going down a dirty dusty road and have to close the windows.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Happy with my mountune. Spirited DD, and it does the trick for me. There IS an increase in NVH, but it is at idle and more at startup than anything. The benefits far outweigh the small change though. The NVH is also minimal enough my wife didn't notice, but she did notice I was shifting smoother.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hardly ever drive with the A/C on unless I'm going down a dirty dusty road and have to close the windows.
Yeah I'd imagine you wouldn't use it much in Canada. It hit 119 F here today. You betcha I had the AC on. At 7:30am when I left for work it was already 100 F.

Happy with my mountune. Spirited DD, and it does the trick for me. There IS an increase in NVH, but it is at idle and more at startup than anything. The benefits far outweigh the small change though. The NVH is also minimal enough my wife didn't notice, but she did notice I was shifting smoother.
This is true. More at start up and a little at idle with the AC off. +1 to the females not noticing; a couple girl's that have been in my car did not notice the increased vibration at all. Not one bit.

Reactions: LockeLamora33
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.