Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2017 today! Went to a volume dealer in the NE that had several 16s and a couple of 17s. The 17s were only priced 300 dollars higher than the 16s on the web. When I got there I was informed it was a mistake (go figure)as the rebates were significantly different. Manager said he would let me get a 17 for 1000 more than the 16 (instead of the 1500 difference in rebates). So I had to pick between the magnetic metallic or kona blue for the 17s. Decided the kb had too much purple in it. I wish it was more rally blue but oh well.

I car only had 3 miles on it so I'm sure no one beat on it before me. On my 50 mile drive home it said 34 mpg. I did boost it a little, and it was nice!

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
What kind of lighting was the KB under? KB has little to no purple at all! Performance Blue was wayyyy more purple.

Magnetic is still an A+ choice though, was my second pick after KB. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of lighting was the KB under? KB has little to no purple at all! Performance Blue was wayyyy more purple.

Magnetic is still an A+ choice though, was my second pick after KB. Enjoy it!
It was overcast and icy yesterday. It was looking kinda purplish already imo and the salesman said that under sunny conditions it looks even more purple. The magnetic looks more boring but I hoping it's a good compromise of looks vs cleanability.

So the consensus is first oil change at 600 miles? Haha, I joke!!!

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
It was overcast and icy yesterday. It was looking kinda purplish already imo and the salesman said that under sunny conditions it looks even more purple. The magnetic looks more boring but I hoping it's a good compromise of looks vs cleanability.

So the consensus is first oil change at 600 miles? Haha, I joke!!!
Magnetic and Kona are both colors that look kinda boring until you get them under direct sunlight. Then they look absolutely amazing, both have tons of metallic flake and good lighting really makes them pop. Magnetic should do a much better job of hiding dirt though, Kona is terrible in that regard. But if you keep her cleaned up and waxed, she'll be a beaut!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts