Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From one day to the next my TC button won’t work prolly after I finger fked my ethanol gauge into my shifter area...either way anyway to disable it via fuse

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
No. It resets everytime you shut the vehicle down and restart it. It is a resisted ground input.

If it works intermittently it's likely either a loose connection or damaged switch.

J

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s on all the time I can’t turn it off, I’m guessing a bad button? Anyone point me in a wiring diagram direction

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts
What year and trim level?
Also do you have a digital multimeter?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
332 Posts

Take you meter and set it to Ohms.
Test them together and make sure that the numbers displayed are as close to 0 (zero) as possible.

(*with the ignition OFF)

Black lead to clean Ground and red lead should back probe to Pin 12. You should again be as close to 0 (zero) as possible.

If the ground input to the switch is good the move onto testing the switch output.

But again black lead to ground and red lead to Pin 4. Press the button and hold. The number should match the previous 0 (zero) above. If not bad switch.

DO NOT BACK PROBE ANY OTHER PIN OR DAMAGED WILL OCCUR YOU YOUR BCM.

if you are very careful, with the ignition on use a jumper to momentarily short Pin 4 to Pin 12 or directly to ground. This will disable esp (turn on sport mode)

I cannot stress this point enough, this switch sends its output signal to the brake control module. Not something to want to screw with.

Reactions: mattdamon33

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll will study the fk out of this and make sure to not screw it up you sir are a fking angel

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tell me about it...i meant what i told me wife, after the waste gate im done for a long while

1 - 10 of 10 Posts