Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased and installed the TBPerformance front traction bar: Products

Dayum those lca bolts are tight!!! If you have access to a lift or can rent one at a local place it's a lot easier than jack stands or ramps. You will need a big breaker bar either way.

The review: I would definitely recommend the bar if you're looking to reduce wheel hop and torque steer. In my experience both are reduced a very significant amount. This was my main goal based upon the description of the bar and it absolutely delivers. Both are still present but the steering wheel doesn't yank out of my hands anymore.

Bonus benefits: steering just "feels" so much tighter. It also reduced the rmm vibes to almost nothing. Very welcomed perks!

Be sure to torque properly after install. I had an issue with some noise and emailed Daniel for support. WOW! He was awesome and e-mailed me back immediately with suggestions and a proper fix. A great purchase for the price, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I have the Depo racing charge pipes and there was enough clearance, nearly 1". Crappy phone pics:
20170128_170855.jpg 20170128_170940.jpg

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks good, did you use ramps or blocks or something else completely to get the load on the suspension for the final torque? I am about to do this with some jacks and it sounds like it can be a bit of a pain.

Reactions: DailyDriver

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts
Looks good, did you use ramps or blocks or something else completely to get the load on the suspension for the final torque? I am about to do this with some jacks and it sounds like it can be a bit of a pain.
It is a bit of a pain; get 120 foot pounds of torque laying on your back is tough! I jacked the front end up as high as I could, then lowered it onto ramps with 4"x10" blocks laying flat on top for the final torque.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used blocks but couldn't get it tight enough at first. Not enough room for leverage. It was making a squeaking/creaking noise. So I ended up hitting up an acquaintance who knew a guy at a Ford dealership so we threw it on the lift there. Properly torqued and all is now awesome!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wanna kick in my thoughts here. Finally got to really test it out today passing a few cars and just doing some short fun pulls. Really minimized the torque steer by what I think is a significant amount. There was still a little pull at times but it didn't rip the car over and I could easily correct it with one hand. I think this is well worth the buy and am excited to get the rear on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I have a cp-e RMM, and PSMM/DSMM - do you feel this would still have further stability for wheel hop and torque steer over that? I'd consider purchasing one of these if it might add a little addition handling/control benefit.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If I have a cp-e RMM, and PSMM/DSMM - do you feel this would still have further stability for wheel hop and torque steer over that? I'd consider purchasing one of these if it might add a little addition handling/control benefit.
Yes. The additional motor mounts you have help further reinforce the RMM, but mainly the RMM is taking the most beating and causing the hop and traction issues. The bar will most certainly help at least a small amount.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The traction bar will also help reduce NVH from those mounts. Not gonna promise you magic, but it should be at least slightly reduced.

Reactions: fabb600

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks - I'll give it a try then.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep, it did for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Are there any negative impacts to running this? Does it hinder any suspension or handling characteristics?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There are no factory panels in the rear

This is the front bar thread lol. And I don't know the answer but I assume it does. I haven't put my panel back on yet because I have to take it off to install some things still and do an oil change.

·
Registered
812 Posts
This is the front bar thread lol. And I don't know the answer but I assume it does. I haven't put my panel back on yet because I have to take it off to install some things still and do an oil change.
Oops lol can't keep up with life. Yes it fits under the skid pad

1 - 20 of 31 Posts