Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to throw out that TB Performance is doing a GB for the rear traction bar now. If you got the front, or already had the front head over there and sign up so we can get that price down (no, I don't work for or even know the owner, I'm just a cheap ass who wants to save a couple more bucks).

Ignore the jerkoff competition by the two guys on the second and third pages and sign up for the GB!

http://www.focusst.org/forum/group-...rear-traction-bar-rear-arm-bar-group-buy.html

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There were almost 80 of us for the front, lets get towards that on the rear so like @StevenST said the price goes down!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
agree. more saved money means more smiles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've never modified suspension before. What's the difference between a rear traction bar and rear sway bar, aside from a rear sway bar reducing body lean and a traction bar not?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've never modified suspension before. What's the difference between a rear traction bar and rear sway bar, aside from a rear sway bar reducing body lean and a traction bar not?
I am not a pro for a great explanation but since no one chimed in...

When I researched this the general idea I picked up is this: They are two totally separate functions and they both do what their name implies. So the sway bar keeps your body from rolling around on corners and might keep your ass end from bouncing around too much. The traction bar doesn't affect body roll, but it helps keep the tires planted and gripping-hence the name traction bar. While the front bar might be more important for a fwd car I can only imagine adding more grip to your car so you can control it better wouldn't hurt you. There are a few posts in the beginning of this thread I think that might cover it a little more.

edit: some good info on the first page or so of this thread: http://www.focusst.org/forum/group-...rear-traction-bar-rear-arm-bar-group-buy.html

Reactions: DailyDriver

·
Registered
483 Posts
I haven't got mine yet and I was one of the first on the list and paid within the first few days that payment was being accepted. I am a patient guy but am starting to wonder where my bar is.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I haven't got mine yet and I was one of the first on the list and paid within the first few days that payment was being accepted. I am a patient guy but am starting to wonder where my bar is.
Well it has only been a week since the GB code expired. I'd give it another week before I start asking questions.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Well he probably won't send anyone their bars until he's done making ALL of them, that's usually how group buys work. A lot of group buys take MONTHS before you get your product, he already assured us that won't happen this time. I wasn't part of the first group by with the Front traction bar, but I think it took a while before they got their bars shipped out.

I too am being patient and I want a quality piece so I have no issues waiting for it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I got my bar in yesterday.

Reactions: brian60

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Haven't installed mine yet but definitely going to do an install and drive ability review soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts