Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TB Performance Products Torque Gusset Traction Bar ™ Group Buy

Alrighty everyone! The Code is here!

Please use MORETORQUE2018 at checkout for your torque gusset at tbperformanceproducts.com

1.) If you did not sign up but want to use the code, go right ahead! You are simply a moocher but its ok, I still love you any way.

2.) No need to post in here that you paid, I will get all the notifications via my website.

3.)Please keep this forum open for questions and concerns.

SHIPPING: I am building these as we speak. They will then go to my powdercoater for a while. I will get them all out in the next 2-4 weeks. I know that is a bit of a wait, but hey I am a one man show and I dont want to tell you guys ill have them out next week and disappoint you all lol. Please keep all questions regarding when your order will ship to a minimum as each time I have to respond to that will detract from the time I have to build em and likely I will just tell you the same thing that is written here but in a different and nice manner lol.

I really appreciate you guys participating and keeping my welding torch and I busy. You are truly the best community I have worked with thus far and I owe a lot to you guys being such awesome customers. I hope to continue working with you guys for a long time. I got some new things in the works this year, but Ill tell you more about that later ;D

COUPON CODE: MORETORQUE2018

Hey there Ladies and Gentlemen!

Tbperformanceproducts.com

It has been a while and I figured Id ring in the new year with you all and a group buy on my newest creation! For the past several months I have been working on a completely revised and bullet proof Traction Bar upgrade. This brace connects The A arms in the normal two points but steps it up with additional connections to the rear mounts as well. Inside the brace is a lattice work that distributes the loads in the most effecient way possible. Needless to say, there is no brace on the market that even comes close to the Torque Gusset. Ill be honest with you guys. I will probably increase the price of these in the future to 250 dollars as the time to build each one is significantly more than the current gen traction bar but for now I figure we can all celebrate with some cheaper prices. I have it on my site for 199.95 shipped but of course....this group buy will knock that price down! :D

OH! now I have some sweet vinyl die cut stickers that I will include with every order as well. So there is that :p

The Product

-4 Point Cunstruction tying into the Rear A-arm mounting points for extra rigidity

-Lattice work construction to reinforce and give you the ultimate in wheel hop and torque steer reduction

-.120 Wall thickness cups to increase durability and rigidity

-Clears ALL aftermarket charge pipes and motor mounts

-High gloss double black powdercoat finish

-Hand MIG and TIG welded Construction

-Made in the USA

-Works with the OEM undertray*

Torque Gusset1.jpeg
Torque Gusset2.jpeg
Torque Gusset On Car.jpeg
Torque Gusset On Car3.jpeg
Torque Gusset On Car4.jpeg

Under Tray requirements

*There are two options to use the brace with the undertray

1.) The origami method- a small amount of trimming of the undertray is done to make it slip above the brace.
View attachment 300618
Here you can see that the little triangle wings about 2"x1" have been removed to allow the tray to slide above the brace
View attachment 300626
Voila! Brace is pleasantly visible and the undertray is tucked above it!

2.) The Murica method-The other option is to use three zip ties to connect the undertray in the rear directly to the brace. The rest of the undertray mounts still are functional and used.

As some of you may notice, these pictures were taken on my own personal Mazdaspeed3. The brace fits both vehicles, I just happen to own a speed and subsequently used it for testing

The Breakdown
25 Names-189.95-We achieved this many names!
40 Names-179.95-We achieved this many names!

The Rules
Sign up and add your name to the list! The Group Buy will close on the 22nd and a code will be given out to be redeemed on my website tbperformanceproducts.com. The code will work all the way until January 29th and after that I will not be accepting any more group buy payments.

The List
1. Bambist
2. Ssquared
3. Jakob_ST
4. 15ST3
5. The_Vaping_ST
6. Jypsu123
7. Cameron_Nelson
8. Rawfocus
9. specter
10. Duece McCracken
11. Gmaust31
12. pizzaguy
13. nickbaldwin86
14. turboboost12004
15. ilegiblecorn
16. Saabfrk
17. Zaluss
18. Schrodingersbox
19. usmcst
20. BigBewsted
21. kai
22. Ed15st
23. Poodledikc
24. Allen_rubin
25. Wwjdtyt
26. Ibreakcars
27. Javi
28. thxSVT
29. [email protected]
30. sk8ter713
31. KonaBlue
32. Iggydp007
33. wisey18
34. chronos
35. skizzo81
36. 2faST4u
37. RJRich
38. jdm2usdm
39. mohrbooST
40. The STig
41. tolar250
42. et59belga

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sign me up!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am very interested in this, does anyone know if this is legal for the new STH autocross class? I know it won't be for GS, but this looks awesome.

Also does this affect the way the car rotates at all? I'm worried stiffening up the front could introduce some understeer?

252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very interested in this, does anyone know if this is legal for the new STH autocross class? I know it won't be for GS, but this looks awesome.

Also does this affect the way the car rotates at all? I'm worried stiffening up the front could introduce some understeer?

You wont be ending up with oversteer on this brace. Youll notice a big improvement in turn in as well as exit cornering ability especially with regards to how early and quickly you can roll on the power. As far as autocross class legality, I am unsure, but someone more knowledgeable may chime in and give their information. I am just as curious as you :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in!

252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Odd question. Can the lower cover slip in still?

Sent from another galaxy.
Not an odd or bad question at all. You would need to modify the slip a bit to get it to fit. Or just remove it outright. It is the one downside of this design, however it is necessary to make the brace work. That is one of the reasons the old design is still on my site. This new piece is more geared for someone looking for the more hardcore performance gains and willing to make a small concession. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Put me down for one Justin hisle

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,870 Posts
Does this really clear all aftermarket charge pipes?

Because your regular traction bar has raped my CP-E hotside. Huge disappointment.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, put me down as well.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Does this really clear all aftermarket charge pipes?

Because your regular traction bar has raped my CP-E hotside. Huge disappointment.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, put me down as well.
He redesigned the bar to fit.

Sent from another galaxy.

252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm curious and interested, I have the old brace, exactly how will my cover need modified for this to fit? Living in Ohio and with this car being my daily also, its kinda deal breaker for me to have to remove the cover for anything. Please let me know, visually would be great.
I am currently awaiting a test vehicle with a factory splash guard installed to do the follow up with that. I will do my best to find a solution for it but it simply may not work with the oem shield. To be completely honest this brace is for those looking for the maximum performance and willing to deal with that issue. I have my older design still up for sale for those looking for a fantastic brace with no modification of the splash guard needed. I just wanted to give something extra to those who really want to push the limits of the car.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts