Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The code is now live. Please use RTFXX on my site at tbperformanceproducts.com to make use of the code. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP TO USE THE CODE.

Hey everyone!
I have another group buy for you guys! I hope you are as excited about it as I am!

The Product

This group buy is for the tbperformanceproducts.com Rear Mid Chassis Brace. This unit replaces the oem stamped steel "brace" that is about 3/4 the way down the exhaust tunnel. Each Unit is hand mig welded by yours truly here in the USA using american steel! Here are the goods!

-High gloss black powdercoat
-5/8"x.060 Square steel tubing for the ultimate in strength and light weight!
-Increased exhaust clearance
-Increased strength over oem for better handling and flatter cornering

image1 (7).jpeg

focus st rear mid oem.jpg
This is the ugly oem culprit that we are replacing. Thanks @RallySportdirect!

The technical details

So for many people, the oem brace rattles and bangs against aftermarket exhaust systems. This drives people nuts and they end up simply removing the oem brace, after all its just a 2 pt brace, what harm could it do? Well thats where the problem lies. The exhaust tunnel on vehicles is one of the weakest spots in the cars chassis. If you think of the chassis as a sheet of paper, the exhaust tunnel is acting as a giant "crease" causing chassis deflection and wallowing along this center line. Bracing in this area is CRITICAL to maintaining a proper handling vehicle.

Make no mistake, this brace is not just for people with aftermarket exhaust. The OEM brace is a flimsy weak little thing. Upgrading to the TB Performance Products unit will help increase the torsional rigidity of your ride!

With the TB Performance Products Rear Mid Chassis Brace, you get your cake and get to eat it too! That burly sounding 3" catback will now fit with the added clearance and youll get increased handling and control while hammering down the twisties!

Common Questions/FAQ

1.) "OMERGERD why is it only two points! You should totally make it more!"
-Simply put, 2 pts on such a short and compact brace is more than sufficient. Ford also wingclipped me here with the ability to add additional points without forcing you all to drill and tap new holes in the chassis which I know you dont want to do

2.) "Its steel and steel is heavy!"
-Well fortunately I am a magician(lol Im not)...This brace literally weighs in at 2lbs exactly. The oem unit weighs 2 ounces less. Thats right. 2 ounces is how much weight this brace adds. The sweat thatll bead off your face when you are sending the gnar in the twisties will add up to more than that!...also side note pro tip! Use the restroom before you drive for even more weight reduction if you are worried about 2 ounces!

3.) "Are those bolts are torque to yield, do I need to buy new ones?"
No. just no. Reuse the oem hardware.

4.) "Whats teh torque spec!? I need all teh specz"
Tighten it down with your socket wrench and you are all set!

5.) Can I get this in *insert custom color*
I offer it in any color youd like as long as its gloss black ;P On the reals, these are already built and already powdercoated so no custom colors will be offered.

6.) "What if I am lowered?"
Very good question. This unit has 1" of drop...The oem brace is around 3/8". What this means is that you wont be scraping it on every pothole or dip unless you are #airedout, #stancelyfe...but if you met those criteria this brace isnt for you anyway right?!

The Price Break Down

all prices are FREE SHIPPING for united states orders(yes even you alaska and hawaii!) for international orders only, a 40 dollar flat shipping fee is added on at checkout.

Normal MSRP-160 USD
5 names-150 USD 10 dollars off!
10 names-140 USD 20 dollars off
15 names-130 USD 30 dollars off!
20 names-120 USD 40 dollars off!

Shipping Times

I did something different on this group buy. Instead of waiting for the list to fill and then producing the product, I pre built and coated all these. I am sitting on 50 units in stock and ready to ship. This means that as soon as the GB closes I will pack em up and send em out!

How it works/Important Dates

Add your name to the list by simply copy and pasting the current list and adding your user name to the next available slot. I will close this group buy Saturday the 27th of April. at this point in time I will send out the discount code to all those who participated. The code will be available for use until May 4th at which time, the code will expire. I will NOT accept late orders so please do not ask.

The Rules

-DO NOT sign up unless you will actually purchase at any price threshold. This means you should not come into the thread saying "add me if we get 20 names"...This is disrespectful to me as well as others trying to sign up.

-Keep this thread on topic and focused on the product at hand. Please do not post in here asking for different products etc. If you have questions regarding other products, please shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will totally be happy to discuss it there.

The List
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Nice, been wanting this piece, +1!

The List

1.) G heinrich
2.) Blackula
3.)
4.)
5.)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Me me me I want want! Sign me up!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Copy the listed and repost with your name added. We got to get more people on this. I don't want to be stuck paying $160. I could make something probably for twenty bucks. I mean I was at one time a State certified welder. And I work in a machine shop. But I'm also lazy.😅

·
Registered
58 Posts
1) G heinrich
2) Blackula
3) Boyofthenight
4) Justin2014ST
5)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
1) G heinrich