Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hoping this is in the semi-right place here.

So yesterday I noticed many things wrong with the car...right now one in particular is bugging me now and that's the shift link bracket holder that sits on top of our transmission.
I would make a video but there always to big to throw on here...so i'll just put up some pictures.

I am not familiar with a tap and die kit much less re-threading myself, main fear is screwing up the little black housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
A Tap is about the only option here. There are HUNDREDS of videos on youtube and thousands of how-to posts about the topic going back to ARPA Net.

Main thing is you're straight, you go slow and backing out often, and use a good cutting oil for lube and carrying out debris. You maybe able to clean up the screw thread, but you could also just get a new bolt costing you a whole $0.85 at your local home depot/lowes.

·
Administrator
11,813 Posts
A Tap is about the only option here. There are HUNDREDS of videos on youtube and thousands of how-to posts about the topic going back to ARPA Net.

Main thing is you're straight, you go slow and backing out often, and use a good cutting oil for lube and carrying out debris. You maybe able to clean up the screw thread, but you could also just get a new bolt costing you a whole $0.85 at your local home depot/lowes.
Hellz yeah!!

Oh and you could order the bolt off of Tasca parts possibly, may get raped on shipping it though.

Shifter cable bracket bolt. You savage!

If you run a tap in there, you may be able to run a slightly longer bolt, maybe space it out with some washers and catch the bottom threads. It definitely would be a great helicoil job though.

Pull that trans and do it on a bench/stand like a civilized person.

No worries mate, you got this.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hellz yeah!!

Oh and you could order the bolt off of Tasca parts possibly, may get raped on shipping it though.

Shifter cable bracket bolt. You savage!

If you run a tap in there, you may be able to run a slightly longer bolt, maybe space it out with some washers and catch the bottom threads. It definitely would be a great helicoil job though.

Pull that trans and do it on a bench/stand like a civilized person.

No worries mate, you got this.
Aren't you American?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts