Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have my RWD monster that I track already with a bunch of suspension mods but now that the 2021 Bronco has been officially announced to have solid axles front and rear this car's life will be a short one. I guess it will just be a good DD for awhile.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Bronco! Now if it came out of the factory with faded paint, dents, huge tires, awesome suspension, i'll buy two.
I have a 1970 sitting at my dad's thats next in line when I finish the 55 Thunderbird. I'll have to have a new one if it's 2 doors and straight axles.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

· Registered
1,216 Posts
I am with you on the bronco, there is a 99% chance there will be one in my driveway as the 4runner is due to be replaced around then.

· Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
256 Posts
I have my RWD monster that I track already with a bunch of suspension mods but now that the 2021 Bronco has been officially announced to have solid axles front and rear this car's life will be a short one. I guess it will just be a good DD for awhile.
Irony alert! "I don't like how my ST and I meshed on the Tail of the Dragon" and "I'm going to replace this ill-behaving car with a Bronco!"

I appreciate the chuckle for the evening.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Irony alert! "I don't like how my ST and I meshed on the Tail of the Dragon" and "I'm going to replace this ill-behaving car with a Bronco!"

I appreciate the chuckle for the evening.
Yeah, but the Bronco won't be praised as the best handling hot hatch ever. I know what to expect out of straight axles and 35s.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How the hell do you turn off the Post Quotes notifications? Ive looked all over the user preferences and cant seem to find it.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
So does the Mountune Club Sport suspension ride rough? As of right now my wife hates riding with me in my Mustang cause its stiff. I guess I could stiffen the Focus suspension and she would never ride with me anywhere.

Reactions: Lions_ST

· Registered
1,216 Posts
So does the Mountune Club Sport suspension ride rough? As of right now my wife hates riding with me in my Mustang cause its stiff. I guess I could stiffen the Focus suspension and she would never ride with me anywhere.
Sounds like you got it figured out lol

Reactions: Lions_ST and jjc034

· Registered
2,254 Posts
Man no offense, but you sound a little car-spoiled. I think the ST is such a fun drive, and having been in auto sales for the last 4 years I have driven a lot of cars. Granted it's not the fastest or most technological car out there, for the money it's some of the most fun you can have, especially on a road like the Dragon. Mustang may be faster, but I have much more fun throwing my car into corners than any stock Mustang that's not a Boss or a Shelby. This car needs to be driven differently though, it's not an engine that's made to rev, you have most of your fun between 3500-5000 rpm, and it's got the torque to make those windy roads plenty exciting, not to mention responsive steering pretty crisp handling. Not a huge fan of the F1s though, my PSSs feel much better.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Man no offense, but you sound a little car-spoiled. I think the ST is such a fun drive, and having been in auto sales for the last 4 years I have driven a lot of cars. Granted it's not the fastest or most technological car out there, for the money it's some of the most fun you can have, especially on a road like the Dragon. Mustang may be faster, but I have much more fun throwing my car into corners than any stock Mustang that's not a Boss or a Shelby. This car needs to be driven differently though, it's not an engine that's made to rev, you have most of your fun between 3500-5000 rpm, and it's got the torque to make those windy roads plenty exciting, not to mention responsive steering pretty crisp handling. Not a huge fan of the F1s though, my PSSs feel much better.
Maybe I am spoiled. The car seems fine on long sweepers it's just the tight twisties when you transition from left to right or vice versa that seem to get it bound up. Maybe a rear sway bar and tires will help. My last hot hatch was a 2002 SVT Focus 2 door and it was considerably lighter so maybe I'm expecting too much out of a $20k hatchback.

· Registered
2,254 Posts
Maybe I am spoiled. The car seems fine on long sweepers it's just the tight twisties when you transition from left to right or vice versa that seem to get it bound up. Maybe a rear sway bar and tires will help. My last hot hatch was a 2002 SVT Focus 2 door and it was considerably lighter so maybe I'm expecting too much out of a $20k hatchback.
I know that feeling, it doesn't change directions as well as my old Spec-V that was about 500lbs lighter, but it has a good bit more power so I'm happy, despite always wanting even more.

· Registered
2 Posts
OK, I have to chime in as I've done the Dragon on several different sport bikes and last year my Mini Cooper S. I've only had my ST 6 months or so but can say without a doubt, if you can't have a good time on the Dragon with an ST, *Insert Internet Insult Here*. Have you considered the possibility you can't drive a car very well? I don't mean too come off as a douche, but this happens a lot with motorcycle riders down there. They show up with their race ready sport bikes or wannabe Ewan McGregor's sport touring, but one hairpin corner later, they're holding me up in the corners on a Ninja 250! Last year was the first time I've taken a car. Same situation, Corvette weekenders holding up little old me in my Cooper. I'm going with my stock ST this May. There is no way this car will disappoint someone who knows what they are doing behind a wheel.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I can wheel one pretty damn well and I know the road very well as I only live 45min from the Dragon and go all the time. I was held up by 2 dudes in new Vipers yesterday, can upload GoPro vid as proof if you need it. I just feel very disconnected from this car. Maybe need more seat time, better tires I dont know its hard to describe.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
I can wheel one pretty damn well and I know the road very well as I only live 45min from the Dragon and go all the time. I was held up by 2 dudes in new Vipers yesterday, can upload GoPro vid as proof if you need it. I just feel very disconnected from this car. Maybe need more seat time, better tires I dont know its hard to describe.
I have to say, on the stock summer tires I felt more planted in my f150 around real curvy roads. It does have upgraded suspension and stuff, but still, you'd expect the ST to make it look silly on corners. After changing the tires I felt a lot better taking corners hard, even if I did switch to some all seasons. Maybe I'm just wierd, but you might be having a similiar issue. I think the stock tires are **** and I never felt good driving with them on.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I have to say, on the stock summer tires I felt more planted in my f150 around real curvy roads. It does have upgraded suspension and stuff, but still, you'd expect the ST to make it look silly on corners. After changing the tires I felt a lot better taking corners hard, even if I did switch to some all seasons. Maybe I'm just wierd, but you might be having a similiar issue. I think the stock tires are **** and I never felt good driving with them on.
Thats probably part of the issue and the fact that my Mustang that I usually run up there is on 285/35 RE11s all the way around. Much bigger tire and grip better than F1s. I guess I will do my last couple of mods I want to do on my Mustang then start messing with the ST and see what I can do with it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.