Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do you choose tags or tickets. im all for tickets, im shore as hell not having them drill into my front bumper, looks to good without it!

·
Super Moderator
9,788 Posts
which do you choose tags or tickets. im all for tickets, im shore as hell not having them drill into my front bumper, looks to good without it!
Not an issue!!! No front tag in Ks.

Reactions: WoRkZ

·
Registered
87 Posts
Florida no have front plate. Me likey.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Illinois requires a front plate, but I'm going to risk it at first. I went several summers and a couple years straight without it on my current car and was fine until one day I was pulled over for illegal tint, no front plate, and no township registration sticker (just moved back from graduating college a couple weeks prior). $50 ticket for no front plate.

I'll go without one until I get unlucky again, and if I get a $50 ticket then I'll probably reluctantly put it on.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Strange in TX, depends on where you are. In DFW, maybe because it is so close to Oklahoma (no plates) that I have never had trouble. Drove my last car for 6 years without..... went to College Station to see daughter, was there 15 minutes and got a ticket.... a lot further south. Not planning on putting plates on this one, looks too good without.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'll go with no plates AND no tickets... we don't have to put this ugly ass thing in the front of our cars here. Hey, there's got to be an upside to living in this godforsaken, frigid part of the world! ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
No tag for me. Ill risk it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I forgot to tell the dealer no front tag. In NY they're required. Once it was on, I didn't mind it. Seemed to fit. But - I might take it off. Any drilling they had to do - if any - would be behind the honeycomb grill anyway I believe (pretty sure the mounting plate is on the back side of the grill) so it shouldn't stand out.

I drove for years in my youth with no front plate. I'd keep it in the passenger footwell and if I got pulled over just threw it on the dash/windshield and tell them it just recently fell off. Got pulled over a few times - can't recall if the missing plate was a reason or just an extra potential citation, but I never got a ticket for it. Just a "put it back on". Same with Tint, it's been mentioned a couple times by officers that it's too dark, but they never told me to remove it. I was always overly polite when dealing with them, so I never gave them a reason to nitpick on the small issues.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not having a front plate in TX just gives the cops a reason to pull you over. As much as I don't like the look of having a front license plate on my ST, I'm sure my foot will give cops enough reasons to pull me over.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not having a front plate in TX just gives the cops a reason to pull you over. As much as I don't like the look of having a front license plate on my ST, I'm sure my foot will give cops enough reasons to pull me over.
That's my main consideration. I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over unless I'm speeding. Then I have to make certain disclosures and there's the possibility things get awkward.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts