Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tachometer stopped working today. The speedometer, gas and engine temp work fine. I tested the gauge sweep and it doesn't even move. Pulled the fuse for the gauge cluster and that didn't help. Disconnected the battery and that didn't fix the issue either. Anyone have a solution or will I have to buy a new cluster? Or can a used one work and I just transfer over my faceplates and needles over into a N/A focus cluster? They are a lot cheaper than a used st cluster.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My tachometer stopped working today. The speedometer, gas and engine temp work fine. I tested the gauge sweep and it doesn't even move. Pulled the fuse for the gauge cluster and that didn't help. Disconnected the battery and that didn't fix the issue either. Anyone have a solution or will I have to buy a new cluster? Or can a used one work and I just transfer over my faceplates and needles over into a N/A focus cluster? They are a lot cheaper than a used st cluster.
Do you have an Accessport? If so see if that will read out engine RPM. If it does something is wrong with the gauge. If not you have an issue elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I would think that if you ran a sweep test and the meter didn't move, then that is a fault with the gauge itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts