Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the st community with my 2017 Focus st and this vehicle didn't come with the engine splash shield nor the one forward of it that goes below the radiator. It also lacks the hardware to secure them on. The dealership wants almost $7 a piece for the t30 screws.... To my understanding the screws have a built in washer as well. Could anyone give me the dimensions of the screws or even part number so I can go to my local bolt shop and pick some up? Also how many are on each splash shield?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
There are two different lengths of screws for the mini air dam thing and the splash guard. It's just a simple t30 with washer head that screws into a plastic base. The small ones are about .5 inch in thread length and the others are about .75 inch in thread length. You could run the longer ones in all if you wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two different lengths of screws for the mini air dam thing and the splash guard. It's just a simple t30 with washer head that screws into a plastic base. The small ones are about .5 inch in thread length and the others are about .75 inch in thread length. You could run the longer ones in all if you wanted.
Any idea on the exact thread measurement? Is it a metic thread like m8 or m10?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
These get better reviews and retain the T30 torx (the previous post has hex heads)...

·
Registered
64 Posts
These get better reviews and retain the T30 torx (the previous post has hex heads)...

These. The 8-month old 2018 Certified Preowned I bought had only 5 screws holding the slash shield in place and the small deflector was missing. These screws worked in all positions. I bought the missing deflector from Tasca Parts for about $10 and also bought the clutch spring perch for about $25 so that I only had to buy the softer clutch spring from Steeda since Steeda wanted like $55 extra to include a perch.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone have the OEM part numbers for the long and short screws?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Tasca Parts only lists the longer OEM M5 x 20 mm screw at $3.48 each: -W702413-S307
And another $0.75 each for the OEM plastic nuts: -W702438-S300

The Rexka M5 x 20 mm screws and nuts worked in all positions for me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tasca Parts only lists the longer OEM M5 x 20 mm screw at $3.48 each: -W702413-S307
And another $0.75 each for the OEM plastic nuts: -W702438-S300

The Rexka M5 x 20 mm screws and nuts worked in all positions for me.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts