Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so about 3 weeks on my 2017 ST3. I've had a few glitches in the display. So on a couple of occassions while navigating the unit goes into a finding route. Its gotten stuck a couple of times. I had to do a cancel trip and then redo it and all was well.

So the other day going down the road coming upon an exit the screen locked up and quit updating the navigation. After a bit the screen went black, radio shut off and it rebooted. This also happened just yesterday but I wasn't navigation. Pulled up to light, screen when black, radio off, and then a reboot.

So anyone else see glitches. My sales guy said to bring it in for a reprogram so probably what I'll do.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Sync3 sorta sucks compared to 2013-ish sync. No custom wall papers, icons look half finished, UI looks like it's from some high school student design contents - the loosing entry.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Sync3 sorta sucks compared to 2013-ish sync. No custom wall papers, icons look half finished, UI looks like it's from some high school student design contents - the loosing entry.
I was really dissapointed my 2015 missed out on the sync 3 train. Now it may be a blessing. I have to admit Sync 2 ain't glamorous but it gets the job done & has been reliable for me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was really dissapointed my 2015 missed out on the sync 3 train. Now it may be a blessing. I have to admit Sync 2 ain't glamorous but it gets the job done & has been reliable for me.
I just swapped a 15 ST3 for a 17 ST3 and I think your right. I like the look of the old system better and I had no issues with it after 60k. The Nav sys was unusable imo but atleast it was a black background vs this white/blue look. The Sync 3 must be bright as hell at night. I've only got around 100 miles on the new car so I can't comment on how it works, but I hope it's better than Sync2.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've driven a lot of late model Fords with Sync2. Some have been a bit glitchy. The Sync3 system on my 2016 ST has worked flawlessly, and the only thing I miss is the custom wallpaper. If you don't like the white screen, you can set it to stay in night mode.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just swapped a 15 ST3 for a 17 ST3 and I think your right. I like the look of the old system better and I had no issues with it after 60k. The Nav sys was unusable imo but atleast it was a black background vs this white/blue look. The Sync 3 must be bright as hell at night. I've only got around 100 miles on the new car so I can't comment on how it works, but I hope it's better than Sync2.
The background changes to Black at night. It does flip back and forth between colors at dusk which is irritating. You can set it to either color though if you want with no auto switching.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ya somebody mentioned that earlier. So i set it to night all the time. Much better. Its going to take a couple weeks to get used to Sync3 but it seems pretty good so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So more adds to the glitches. The map isn't updated. While headed on 10 from KC the map didn't keep up with the road. I was basically driving though fields on the screen and the navigation had no clue how to get me back on track. I had to get out my phone to figure out where to go.

Next glitch was during one of my drives the voice recognition didn't work at all. It kept putting the message up voice recognition not ready.

So I guess I'm going to have to find some time to get the dealer to "reprogram" it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts