Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As tittle states this is my only&last try left to get my Sync2 read usb sticks. Dealers have raised their hands from this issue, only promising that they can look into it with 140$/hr without any promise of solution. I have looked through the web for solutions, forums etc. without answer. Issue is that my ford focus st 2014 ST3 wont detect any USB stick in BOTH usb slots even though my phone charges without any problems. I have tried 4 different sticks, each varying in sizes from 8gb to 32gb. Always formated USB sticks to FAT32, have also tried exFAT and other format types. Have tried different allocation unit sizes. Have also done master reset to Sync2. Have tried connecting USB stick while engine is on(the way Ford instructs), connecting USB stick while everything is off and there is no other USB devices or SD-cards connected and then switching power ON. Last trick I know I could try is disconnecting battery or disconnect Sync fuse, other than that pretty hopeless. USB stick wont show when trying to listen music from it via sync media menu, wont show either when trying to change the wallpaper, and no reaction when trying to update Sync2 to its latest version. Is there other way to update Sync2(Other than USB).

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,931 Posts
I'm NOT a Sync expert.
My 2016 has Sync 3 and works well.
I have updated it via USB stick, but NOT any of the aftermarket software like Cyanlabs.
Wireless update never worked for me.

A couple thoughts:
1) How old are the USBs you've tried, and do you know what USB version they support? Most are 3.0 now I think, older are probably 2.0 or 1.1.
I'm referring to USB version, NOT Sync version.

2) Are you the original owner? If not, it's possible the previous owner tried to upgrade something already and it didn't work right because of that.

@brianlovelace is more of a sync expert, any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not original owner, USBs that I've tried have been fresh from shop some 3.0, some 2.0. What it comes to upgrades/mods this car doesnt have any that I've noticed, everything seems stock/original, at least when I swapped new air filter in and did brake job on the car. Of course I can't deny that no one couldnt have mess up the Sync2. Sync2s update files have been directly from Fords website. Since I live in Finland I've tried FI Ford and US Ford files, both without result.

to add: I think my current Sync2 version is 3.6.2, equipped with MyFord Touch. When checking for updates on Fords site it does say I need to update it to latest verion which is 3.10(?) If I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts