Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2016 ST1 and it didn't have any SYNC apps, but I was wondering what all I can do with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have an 2016 ST1 and it didn't have any SYNC apps, but I was wondering what all I can do with that?

antiace,

I'm happy to help! Which apps were you looking to use?

Cara

·
Registered
78 Posts
antiace,

You can stream all of your apps from your phone through the Bluetooth or USB connection. I'd like to provide you more info on this feature. Which SYNC system do you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model

Cara

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
antiace,

You can stream all of your apps from your phone through the Bluetooth or USB connection. I'd like to provide you more info on this feature. Which SYNC system do you have: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model

Cara
I have SYNC. Just the 4 inch screen on my 2016 focus st base

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
CARA, your response is vague as well as the video link you provided. It is safe to say that the sync on the st1 package is very limited. App friendly it is not. Pandora works well and that is a good thing to say the least. But if you could answer the question and not provide a user link, that would be great. What research has been done to find other apps that function? Even the Ford app is limited

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah... Doesn't seem that Ford gives a ****. I'm noticing that the ST1 owners have been left out in the cold with this stereo unit... Crutchfield is usually on point with their research game, but they're still scratching their heads.

For the Ford people... I want to be able to stuff an OEM Sync 3 system into my ST1. The stock functionality (other than the lack of nav) is perfect for me. A large screen like what the ST3 has with NAV is all I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah... Doesn't seem that Ford gives a ****. I'm noticing that the ST1 owners have been left out in the cold with this stereo unit... Crutchfield is usually on point with their research game, but they're still scratching their heads.

For the Ford people... I want to be able to stuff an OEM Sync 3 system into my ST1. The stock functionality (other than the lack of nav) is perfect for me. A large screen like what the ST3 has with NAV is all I'm looking for.
There is not now and will never be an official kit from Ford.

I think 4dtech sells a kit. Don't expect to get out of there for less than $2000 though.

·
Registered
2018 ST
99 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts