Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Hoping I can get some suggestions on a weird issue that started happening last night. I bought a 2013 Focus ST3 about a month ago and have had it paired to my cellphone since with no issues. I've made phone calls and used other functions through the car and it's worked fine. My phone is a Oneplus 3T for reference. Yesterday, it started misbehaving. Every time the phone connects to the car (for instance, when I first get in the car and start it up), the car attempts to make a phone call to my own phone number. The call never connects, it just sits there with the active call showing and no sound.

I have no idea why this is happening and I'd like to get it to stop, if possible. It's annoying - I have to hang the call up before I can do anything on the touchscreen. Anyone have any thoughts? The only thing I can think of is - is the car trying to connect to my voicemail box or something?

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's how the audio channel is pushed to the car in some apps (those using the phone profile)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. I guess that makes sense, since I had tried to use the hangouts app to make a voice call yesterday morning.

How do I get it to stop? Or to only happen when it needs to happen? I don't understand why it's doing it automatically every time it connects, since I'm not using any apps that are trying to push anything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Okay. I guess that makes sense, since I had tried to use the hangouts app to make a voice call yesterday morning.

How do I get it to stop? Or to only happen when it needs to happen? I don't understand why it's doing it automatically every time it connects, since I'm not using any apps that are trying to push anything.
It should only happen when the phone is saying it needs a phone audio channel (hangouts being a perfect example)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rebooted the phone and redid the entire setup from scratch and it's all set. Thanks for the input.

I guess I'll give it another try to use hangouts some time and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts