Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alright!! I will definitely be upgrading to this. I'm not upgrading my iPhone to iOS 11 yet though.. I'm going to wait a few months to see if the update slows the phone down or not. Especially since I'm not upgrading to that iPhone X. It's way too expensive! It's kinda unexpected that they pushed out an update so soon. But glad that Ford is keeping up with the times!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Alright!! I will definitely be upgrading to this. I'm not upgrading my iPhone to iOS 11 yet though.. I'm going to wait a few months to see if the update slows the phone down or not. Especially since I'm not upgrading to that iPhone X. It's way too expensive! It's kinda unexpected that they pushed out an update so soon. But glad that Ford is keeping up with the times!
Apple "updates" your phone until it doesn't work and you HAVE to buy their new one. It's been proven that they do this, yet people keep buying them. THe iphone x is filled with tech androids had years ago. It's the biggest rip off around.
43761.jpg

·
Registered
440 Posts
Apple "updates" your phone until it doesn't work and you HAVE to buy their new one. It's been proven that they do this, yet people keep buying them. THe iphone x is filled with tech androids had years ago. It's the biggest rip off around.
View attachment 277170
Google innovates. Apple refines, and the "Church of Steve Jobs" rejoices with each "new" feature.

The only reason I went back to iPhone is because I work in an industry that has adopted it as a standard.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Google innovates. Apple refines, and the "Church of Steve Jobs" rejoices with each "new" feature.

The only reason I went back to iPhone is because I work in an industry that has adopted it as a standard.
Yeah my wife has one and their cameras are hard to beat. I'm also typing this on a macbook pro. I just hate the amount of influence/insight apple and google have on my life.

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Stop letting big Co. influencing you and your family!

(drives a ford...)
I've stopped about 80% of that type of behavior, but I need a laptop that is going to last, and I need a phone/internet provider that will be reliable too. They have me by the short hairs. I know there are other business' but at a certain point they are all a little "evil" once they get big enough.

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
View attachment 277170
Yah this thing is a real piece of shined up dog excrement. Crappy, crappy security, old CPU chips and Cheap memory; that lasts maaaybe 1 1/2 year to maaaaaybe 2. The battery is also an old model.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I've stopped about 80% of that type of behavior, but I need a laptop that is going to last, and I need a phone/internet provider that will be reliable too. They have me by the short hairs. I know there are other business' but at a certain point they are all a little "evil" once they get big enough.
Reliable internet/service provider? You'll need to jump to dimension Quagblard D-126, their internet kicks AAAASSSSSS haha yah.
Because you won't find that type of thing here.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Weird deal for me,

Current rev 2.2 -
Load thumb drive into either usb port(one below head unit or the one in the center console - both behave the same way) on my 16 st3 -
Start car -
Wait a minute -
Get the updating software message -
Get the update complete message(this takes a while to complete btw) - remove thumb drive and new version will be installed on next car start(cant remember the exact verbiage)
I remove the thumb drive -
power the car off -
start the car, go and check the sync version and I'm still at 2.2 - I get the xml file you are supposed to upload to fords site when the install completes as well so not sure what the heck is up....

Tried a master reset of my head unit - same deal
Tried re-formatting the thumb drive (extFAT as stated on fords site) - same deal
changing USB ports I put the thumb drive in - same deal.

I'm thinking maybe for what ever reason I may need to try another thumb drive possibly....... but am open to other suggestions (please read ALL of the above before making them though) :)

oVr

·
Registered
110 Posts
My iPhone 7 is on iOS 11 at the moment and I haven’t had any issues with CarPlay yet. Does this update add the “ST Performance “ splash screen?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ok 2 different thumbdrives and another hour of my life ill never get back:) same result. Oh well guess Ill wait for 2.4.

oVr

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weird deal for me,

Current rev 2.2 -
Load thumb drive into either usb port(one below head unit or the one in the center console - both behave the same way) on my 16 st3 -
Start car -
Wait a minute -
Get the update complete message(this takes a while to complete btw) - remove thumb drive and new version will be installed on next car start(cant remember the exact verbiage)
power the car off -
start the car, go and check the sync version and I'm still at 2.2 - I get the xml file you are supposed to upload to fords site when the install completes as well so not sure what the heck is up....

Tried re-formatting the thumb drive (extFAT as stated on fords site) - same deal

I'm thinking maybe for what ever reason I may need to try another thumb drive possibly....... but am open to other suggestions (please read ALL of the above before making them though) :)

oVr
Make sure it powers off the whole way

·
Registered
425 Posts
Weird deal for me,

Current rev 2.2 -
Start car -
Wait a minute -
power the car off -

oVr
Mine waited about 10 minutes after restart until I got the software update complete msg.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Been having trouble getting this to install on my '16 ST3. Keep getting a version error message once the car reads the USB stick. I've double and triple checked that I have the nav version, but keep getting the same thing. Unfortunately the mirror you posted seems to be the only one that works anymore, the other two mirrors posted in the Mustang6G thread no longer work, so I can't download from another location to see if that fixes the issue.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts