Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After swapping to Sync 3 (I had a couple of other issues - all since resolved), there has been a minor issue that has since started to bug me. Wondering if anyone else has this issue or if there is an easy fix?

Using Sync's navigation, the Sync3 unit properly updates the distance to turn (150m "turn right on Main Street" as example in Canada). However, on the instrument cluster's display, it will show the right direction/road, but the distance, no matter how far or close, is always at 9999m. It will refresh to the next turn immediately, but the distance remains at 9999m.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got the same thing since I updated my sync 3 to version 3.4 in my '14 (Using a sync3 HU from a 2016 focus se)
When I was running version 3.0, it was fine, but did not display turn by turn in the cluster when using Android auto.
I believe there is an IPC software issue which is misreading the distance numbers. Unfortunately I haven't uncovered the fix yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've got the same thing since I updated my sync 3 to version 3.4 in my '14 (Using a sync3 HU from a 2016 focus se)
When I was running version 3.0, it was fine, but did not display turn by turn in the cluster when using Android auto.
I believe there is an IPC software issue which is misreading the distance numbers. Unfortunately I haven't uncovered the fix yet.

Use the files from my site: Home | NaviUpgrade and it should fix your issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not seeing any sync files on your site. Unless you mean the as built files for the APIM?

Yeah not sure what exactly he is trying to tell you to do.

I just did my Sync 3 Upgrade on my '14 and my gauge cluster turn by turn is working flawlessly.

As far as what I did software wise, Once installing the APIM, loaded the as built from the motorcraft website, flashed using Forscan, and manually edited a couple options (Disabled the nav function as I don't have a GPS antenna installed ATM.)

Other than that, did nothing special.

Updated to 3.4 as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Use the files from my site: Home | NaviUpgrade and it should fix your issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I went to the website and downloaded the files. The ST variant didn't work, but the regular one with Nav features did. Followed his video, not sure what APIM settings changed from what I originally had, but works perfectly for me now! Thanks again!

EDIT: Further to the above, when I am not using AA/ Carplay, my navigation spins on "Loading", and I am not getting a GPS signal when I check the options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After doing some extensive reading, it sounds like the Sync 2 GPS Module (GPSM) interferes with the Sync 3 GPS antenna (blue fakra one) which can give the navigation fault. I would like to try to unhook the GPSM to see if this solves my revolving issues.

Has anyone tried this or have any additional input?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts