Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've started doing a little bit of research on what all can be done with CAN programmers like FORScan and FOCCCUS and along the way when I downloaded the AB file from Motorcraft for my vin for the touch screen key it said "Colour-TFT, DM8 with Navi". I know normally to add factory nav to a non nav car means getting your hands on a Nav APIM and having it programed to your vin and a lot of dumb questions come up about enabling nav with these tools but this makes me curious if the APIM in my ST2 is already capable of navigation and I would just need to install a Sync3 update for a car with navigation to enable it? I've done a good amount of googling and searching the forums and couldn't find anything on this specific case. Does anyone have experience with this? Do all AB files say "with Navi" for Sync 3 cars? Is their any risk in trying the update?

·
Registered
99 Posts
In in Aus, I have an ST2 which is all the is offered here. It has Nav as standard here on the Sync 3 if this is any help?

·
Registered
29 Posts
My understanding on SYNC3 is there are different APIM's for NAV and NON NAV. The NAV version having more internal memory to store the maps as they are no longer stored on an SD card. This being the case even if you did enable it, there is a fair chance it just wont work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts