Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've searched and searched (fords website, archives here, google, etc)... and while it seems basic I cannot for the life of me find what Apps can be used on the Sync 3 "apps" tab.
I have downloaded AccuWeather on my phone in hopes it'd pair up and no luck. The only app i've had sync up is FordPass which for every day use is totally useless haha.

I have downloaded android auto - haven't made the upgrade to the car though, so looking forward to this upcoming!!

But what apps have you guys had sync/work well with your car??
Would really like to take advantage of this feature!

·
Registered
381 Posts
There is not a whole lot available. Unfortunately Car play/Android auto has made development for specific infotainment systems obsolete. It makes sense from a developer's standpoint. A lot easier to devote the time and money for something that is becoming globally accepted over cherry picking which infotainment systems work.

Anyways, here is a list from Ford for some supported apps:
Browse SYNC AppLink Category Catalog

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,169 Posts
What Sync 3 apps are you currently using?

Any tricks to having them work consistently?

I use Pandora occasionally.
Spotify is no longer there.
Might use Waze more if I actually traveled more to places not included in stock nav maps.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to bother plugging in for Android auto except for longer trips? 😊😁

If only TorquePro worked through Android Auto 😕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts