Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about doing, or already done something to be able to display AP3 style data on the Sync 3 display? Similar to how some more high end cars can do. I am not terribly tech savvy, but it would be a neat way to display more data than you can on your AP3, or display it at all for anyone who doesn't like to leave the AP in their car.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
This would make it worth the time and money to change mine over from Sync2. Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
787 Posts
I doubt it will be easy. It would require a lot of work. Just from programming side on the sync 3.

Only possible way would be to plug in a Bluetooth obd and connect it with your phone and mirror it to sync3. Jaikbroken iPhone can mirror almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only possible way would be to plug in a Bluetooth obd and connect it with your phone and mirror it to sync3. Jaikbroken iPhone can mirror almost anything.
I can't imagine it would be too difficult to add Android Auto or Apple CarPlay support to one of the Bluetooth OBD scanner apps. Heck, then the app would be universal to all vehicles that support AA/ACP. Anyone know a developer of one of those apps?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I can't imagine it would be too difficult to add Android Auto or Apple CarPlay support to one of the Bluetooth OBD scanner apps. Heck, then the app would be universal to all vehicles that support AA/ACP. Anyone know a developer of one of those apps?
I wouldn't bet on any of those apps like torque to ever get supported by either android auto or car play.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My OBD2 app has a Apple Watch app so it could be done. Doubt it will happen to though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts