Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Finally i have upgraded my Sync 2 to Sync 3, not very complicate, worth to try DIY. And so far 99% of features doing fine and not even single is still missing for my 15 Focus ST2.

IMO, the hardest part for me is to reprogram the APIM by Forscan. Too many suggested code on internet, it really takes time to prefect fit your car. Some of them were working fine but some of them have conflict with others! But I still have 1 single problem waiting to solve!

As you can see below.
The left and right zone temperature on sync 3 are swapped!!! And the funniest part is the touch buttons for adjusting the temp are totally correct!!

For example,
1) I turned the physical knob to 17'C for Right Zone and the LED near the physical for Right Zone adjusted to 17'C accordingly, but the Sync 3 display for the Left zone followed and Right zone remain no change.

2) I adjusted the Right Zone to 18'C by using the sync 3 touch buttons and the LED near the physical knob for right Zone was correctly follow. But the Sync3 for right zone remain no change and the left zone changed to 18'C.
IMG_8536.JPG

Any way to solve this!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure if it's the same for non-US models, but my swap to Sync 3, along with SYNC 3 in a friends 2016 ST both don't have climate control on screen. Could be related if the software isn't setup to handle the Focus platform. So far from my swap it seems that Sync 3 does a good job with being fairly modular and able to handle mismatches well, so it may just be trying to match up as much as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are right, I also discovered that not much Focus equipped with sync3 has Climate control on screen too, seems not a usual function for sync3+focus combination.
Now, I m hoping i can get a Focus ST VIN with climate control from any of RHD country to match with my place Hong Kong in the future and complete the whole system!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts