Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used brand new California duster then turtle wax quick detailer. I think the brand new duster got too much wax so now it got swirls ALL OVER. What to do now?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dusters have a parafin wax on the fibers, and yes, brand new ones can suck for a while. They need to get dirty to stop that and reach optimum performance. I'm a bit of a detail snob, so I'd never use Turtle Wax, but I've never used it so I won't bag on it. Having said that, THE thing to remove duster streaks would be a quick detailer; should work like a champ. Are you using it in the sun or on a surface that's too hot? That'd be my guess. QD and a good microfiber cloth should rid your streaks from the duster no issue at all.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Parked in the garage for 30 min then started to duster and QD, felt the surface it was ok. Maybe the cloth I use is too old (only used it for QD) or maybe car still too hot or duster got too much wax. anyways just use QD again to get rid of the wax/swirls? thanks

Man so the new duster I guess I just can't use it then QD right away, need to wait few days for duster wax to wear off, or use QD in light dust I guess..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts