Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I finally have enough to buy some suspension, but I’m having a hard time choosing. There’s 3 main requirements: improves handling in corners or during auto cross, rides nice for a daily, and is able to be adjusted to get nice fitment. The guy I bought the car from knows a lot of people with modified focuses and said Bilstien is the way to go. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Only the Bilstein (since that was mentioned) B14 will meet your requirements. Similar to a Bilstein B8, but in coilover form.
Only adjustable in height. Not rebound nor compression. No spring options either.

That said, handling, daily driving, and track ready; you can only pick two.
Just like fast, reliable and affordable. You can only pick two.

Reassess your requirements, and allow for some compromise.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A lot of people like the Fortune Auto 500 series and 510 series. The 500 series is more street-ish and the 510's closer to a track package. They are a good bit money for than the Bilstein's though (1500 for the 500's and 1800 for the 510's). I'm not speaking from a personal account yet but, I have seen lots of people enjoy them and the customizability of them.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
In the past month, I've put about 4000-4500 miles on a set of Fortune Auto 510s with stiff 10k/14k springs. At these spring rates, I'm able to stand long Interstate freeway trips (just did Oregon-Idaho-Utah-Wyoming-Nebraska and back), but some of the bad city streets I've encountered were awful, so it depends on how the roads are for your daily commute. In terms of competition use, these springs around 2-2.5 Hz, so you could go a little stiffer, but not much before they're uncomfortable. @freakin_elrod has the same basic setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey I finally have enough to buy some suspension, but I’m having a hard time choosing. There’s 3 main requirements: improves handling in corners or during auto cross, rides nice for a daily, and is able to be adjusted to get nice fitment. The guy I bought the car from knows a lot of people with modified focuses and said Bilstien is the way to go. Any thoughts?
This past weekend i installed some BC racing coilovers. Been breaking them in and so far rides so crispy. Definitely a recommendation of mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts