Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Suggestions

986 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Twizzty 
#1 ·
So I have had my OW fost for about 6 weeks and I just installed my fmic to add to my unleashed tune, exhaust and green filter. Other then a downpipe or going big turbo, are there any other worthwhile performance upgrades? Not some BS, I mean proven performance upgrades? I have searched and searched and I am pretty sure the answer is no, but I want to be positive before I switch my focus (lol) to cosmetics.

#3 ·
In terms of power, not not really. However, I would highly recommend a rear motor mount replacement. The Cobb one has a bit too much vibration at idle for my taste, but it makes a world of difference. Wheel hop is completely eliminated.

#4 ·
For "performance" upgrades, stage 3 hardware is about as much as you can go. that's intake, exhaust, downpipe, and intercooler. Maybe you could do a new intake manifold, like the one from Breedt or Turbo Tech racing. I'm not sure how much, if any, power they add, but you should definitely do a custom tune to go with it. Like at local tuner at a dyno, or do some data-logging and work with one of the tuners on here. I might do the Breedt one day, simply because it looks so trick under the hood and it has to be good for at least some power. If you don't have any suspension mods though, I would do that next. Our cars chassis is so damn good, and it responds fantastically to nice suspension. I have ST Suspensions STX coilovers on mine, which are virtually the same thing as KW Variant 1's, and my car is so freaking fun to drive. I have Cobb front and rear sways, with Massive end links waiting to be put on. I can't wait to see how the handling changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.