Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am looking for a great set if wheels, and I'm not sure what to get. I want some black 18x8 up to 18x9 wheels. Preferably multi-spoke. I like the enkie TS-9, TSW Nurburgring, MRR Gloss black GF7 18x9 +40 offset, so far. I want to have flush fitment with the fender, so I also don't know what size tires to get, I plan to get Mountune sport lowering springs, so the car will drop 1 inch in front and 1 1/2 in the rear. I do know I want the BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S. Give me any suggestions. Here is my ST, just so you can feel out what it might look like with some wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
You can calculate where the wheels would sit based on what is OE and the dimension of the aftermarket wheels. The flushness of the wheel to the fend is determined by offset and wheel width mainly, not so much based on the tire size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a huge fan of RAYS Gramlight 57DR. Had them on my BRZ in gunmetal. I think these gold ones would look dope on your car.

rays.57dr-18gld_d.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
For instance I went with a TSW Rivage in 18X8 +40mm. OE is 18X8 +55mm.

So my aftermarket wheels sit out 21mm more that OE. (25.4mm in an inch, so .82 inches would be how far out I pushed my wheels.)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey I am looking for a great set if wheels, and I'm not sure what to get. I want some black 18x8 up to 18x9 wheels. Preferably multi-spoke. I like the enkie TS-9, TSW Nurburgring, MRR Gloss black GF7 18x9 +40 offset, so far. I want to have flush fitment with the fender, so I also don't know what size tires to get, I plan to get Mountune sport lowering springs, so the car will drop 1 inch in front and 1 1/2 in the rear. I do know I want the BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S. Give me any suggestions. Here is my ST, just so you can feel out what it might look like with some wheels.
OP, first of all, nice setup. Almost looks like mine but I don't have mud flaps.

Second of all, use this chart to determine how the wheels will sit with regards to the fender: Focus ST Wheel Offset Diagram This should help you decide what look you want. I went with Cosmis Racing R5s which are 18x8.5 ET40. According to the chart it's about as close as you can get! All up to you, obviously. IMG_24541.jpg

As for tires, for 8-9 inch wide wheels you could be looking at 235-255 tire width depending on the tire. Some run wide and some narrow. I have 245 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my stock premos (They run a touch narrow, but can always stretch a little), but I'm gonna stick that rubber onto my new rims once spring comes around.

Just as an FYI, don't expect that full drop using the Mountune lowering springs. They advertise that drop, but it's only realized on the pre-facelift models (13-14) because of how the suspension was setup. The 15+ models already are a little lower so expect only about half that drop (ish)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Are you planning on doing any kind of racing whatsoever? If so, what kind? If not, then it doesn't matter. Get what you think looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts