Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I recently got 1552 cup spoilers I really like them but didn't realize they would drop the front as much as they did. I am already finding it difficult to get into certain parking lot/garages. I live in Utah where we do get a good amount of snow as well. I would like to get rid of the wheel gap in the back with minimal drop in the front. Do you guys have any ideas what springs or coilovers to look at? I do have an early 13 ST.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nothing that I'm aware of does what you speak of. Well you could buy a set of lowering springs, and not install the fronts? But that's asinine.

What you should do, is just leave it at stock height. You can get new struts, like Bilstein B6's, and/or sway bars for improved suspension performance. But dropping the rear, and leaving the front alone... Might as buy a 2WD pickup, and do a stadium truck look. The bro's in SoCal, love that look!

·
Super Moderator
10,486 Posts
I run the Bilstein B8's with Eibach Pro Kit Springs which are about 1" drop; I have to go in and out of drive ways at an angle or scrape the cup spoilers. Needless to say it does not always work and I repaint them every Spring before putting them back on. I remove them every winter.

·
Super Moderator
10,486 Posts
Thanks for your guys input this helps a lot! I think I will either get Eibach pro kit and get new struts or just leave it at stock height.
For some reason I was not able to insert a photo in a PM, so I thought I would do it here. I have marked in red where I attach the spoilers with a couple small black screws, which you really can't see. This picture was before I lowered the car with the Bilsteins and ProKit.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
For some reason I was not able to insert a photo in a PM, so I thought I would do it here. I have marked in red where I attach the spoilers with a couple small black screws, which you really can't see. This picture was before I lowered the car with the Bilsteins and ProKit.

View attachment 280666
Our private messaging system has never let me insert photos via PM. I can only do it via linking, not by upload. Which irks me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts