Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! Newish member. Had my 2013 ST1 for a week and a half. Trying to get a subwoofer hooked up and I’m having trouble finding a place to run the power wire through the firewall.

Any suggestions? Anyone have picture of where you ran yours?

I’ve done setups on probably 6-8 other cars now, but never had this much trouble finding an empty grommet to push a wire through!

Thank you all for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I don't know about the driver's side but on the passenger side high behind the dash is a grommet you can use to run your wires though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the driver's side but on the passenger side high behind the dash is a grommet you can use to run your wires though.
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

Do I have to take the glove box out to get up to it?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

Do I have to take the glove box out to get up to it?

That is what my installer friend did when he did the wiring for my water methanol and nitrous system. I believe there is another one on the driver's side or behind the dash/center stack.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Pull the glove box, there is a spot where you can run one through a grommet under there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pull the glove box, there is a spot where you can run one through a grommet under there.

Thanks, guys. I got the power wire through without pulling the glove box. Would’ve been easier to remove the glove box. Haha

I tried to tap into the rear door speaker for my LOC but didn’t realize it doesn’t just go through a grommet into the passenger compartment. Looks like I’m going to have to remove the head unit and tap into the wiring harness behind the dash. Smh.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The pass side grommet is by far the easiest place to go to, only take a few mins including pulling the glove box out, this does take some extra wire to cross over the engine bay (and even more to cross back over if you want the amp on the driver side. When I did mine, I wanted to minimize the amount of wire I used so I removed the battery box and drilled my own hole, warning, it took a long time, I needed a long extension for my uni bit, and the placement and reaching it was a PITA (but worth it IMHO)

Also, I agree that you can remove the lower B pillar panel to get to the rear speaker wires before they enter the door. However, I would never just tap one side and it would be a lot easier to grab both sides behind the radio(non Sony system) vs taking both B pillars apart and running wire from there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts