Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey audio guru guys, fairly easy question or three while retaining stock HU

1. When wiring up sub/amp through lc2i, should I use fuse slot 43?
2. Is the best ground the seat torx bolts?
3. Since the lc2i senses speaker signal as remote power, does it have to be hooked up to speakers in order to test power without a multimeter?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
1: please be more specific, what are you trying to use that fuse for exactly? if its for the amp's power wire, no that needs to go straight to the battery with its own dedicated fuse. if you are talking about to power(main) the LC2i, then no as well, I would either grab power(and ground) behind the radio where you tap it in to the speaker wires (ST1) or at the factory amp (ST2 &ST3). if you are talking about to turn on the amp, then that is also no (see #3)

2: the best ground is going to be any part of the body where you can get to clean metal, so if you use a seat bolt or your own added bolt or screw, just make sure to fully remove any paint at the contact point where the ground cable meets the body.

3: to test anything, it needs to have 12v+ and ground so that the signal sensing circuit has power to do its job, then the speaker inputs need to be hooked up so that the signal sensing circuit has something to see and cause it to turn on. once it has power, and "sees" the high level signal, it will turn on and provide the 12v+ remote amp turn on trigger. as for testing it with out a multimeter/DMM, when the factory radio is turned on, the power light should illuminate, and any time the unit is on, the remote amp trigger should also be on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts