Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching but haven't found any recent results. Does anyone here have up to date experience with the Perrin or Cravenspeed stubbies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
I did some searching but haven't found any recent results. Does anyone here have up to date experience with the Perrin or Cravenspeed stubbies?

I've had a Perrin for years from RallySport Direct. Love it. I have the 2" version.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had the 2" perrin for about 6 months. I loved the look, but eventually went back to the oem. The reception dropped to much for me. I live in ohio surrounded by hills, so that may have been against me. Others havent noticed as much of a change. It may work out just fine for you.

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
I had the 2" perrin for about 6 months. I loved the look, but eventually went back to the oem. The reception dropped to much for me. I live in ohio surrounded by hills, so that may have been against me. Others havent noticed as much of a change. It may work out just fine for you.
I rarely listen to radio. Usually Pandora or music off my USB drive. When I do I haven't noticed any loss. Each area is different though.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah not too worried about AM/FM but mainly nav.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have the 2" CravenSpeed Stubby Jr. Radio barely impacted since I'm in an urban area. If more rural, go with the 4" version. For road trips, swap the OEM antenna back in.

It only swaps out the AM/FM portion of the antenna. Nav/SAT is in the base unit and unaffected by this mod.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome. I ended up ordering the Perrin 4". I can't justify 90 on the shark fin. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Wanted a shark fin, ended up with a Perrin because like you, I didn't want to spend $90. I usually listen to Spotify or my iPod anyways so reception loss wasn't a huge deal, but I only had a slight drop in reception on one station so I'm happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
What? Focus ST Shop is a sponsor here.

Focus ST Shop
Trust me, I'm fully aware they're a sponser here lol.

I clicked the link and it was a redirect page for ads that did a drive by BEFORE getting to focusstshop.com so my works filter immediately blocked the redirect from running.

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
Trust me, I'm fully aware they're a sponser here lol.

I clicked the link and it was a redirect page for ads that did a drive by BEFORE getting to focusstshop.com so my works filter immediately blocked the redirect from running.
Gotcha. When I clicked the link it went straight to the site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts